Old 04-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know this Donzi?

Looking for some history on this boat.
http://www.northeastboatsales.com/li.../38donzi00.htm
Old 05-01-2009, 09:27 AM

Hours are 372 those 500EFIs are ready for rebuilts. I would do a leak down and compression check + a survey before I purchased. The price is good unless you have to rebuild and also the Bravo Drives should be gone through.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not know the boat but ask lots of questions. The flame arrestors dont get smashed from normal operation, this usually means there was work done to it at one time. Also look for the lead stamps on the safety wire on the intake bolts and damper to see if any engine work has ever been done. You can also contact me or someone with engine serial numbers and ck to see if any major warranty work has been done.

Just a thought.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:33 AM
Registered

is it me or is starboard drive oil reservoir empty?
Old 05-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Registered

I've seen those arrestors get out of shape like that just from being cleaned. I don't think that necessarily is indicative of a problem.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Skullkrusher
I've seen those arrestors get out of shape like that just from being cleaned. I don't think that necessarily is indicative of a problem.
I totally agree with this comment. I had the 02 38zx and the engine compartment was so tight that everytime oil was changed every 25 hours, plugs changed out each year, winterization, etc., it was impossible not to be leaning on them to some extent causing them to look a little disfigured. Thankfully my main mechanic for the first 4 years was about 5'5" and weighed maybe 140 pounds. Definitely have in the back of your mind that the motor freshening and a definite go-thru on the drives should be factored into the price which will be $10-15k but still well worth it if the gel, interior, etc. is not in bad shape. I would have it surveyed well and use that to beat the price down to accomodate the repairs. Good luck, I loved my 38zx!!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

If your looking at buying a boat and It's a good deal do yourself a favor and dont post it on the internet , because someone else will snatch it up while you think about it.

I have seen this happen so many times ........
Old 05-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Registered

I checked it out in January when I was helping a buddy pick up an outerlimits. If I remember correctly there tons of stress cracks on the port side right above the rub rail and I believe that the Drain plug housing was missing - - Don't quote me as its been a few months. You should really check it out for yourself. Good Luck

Last edited by FASTTIMES; 05-05-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by hammer01
I totally agree with this comment. I had the 02 38zx and the engine compartment was so tight that everytime oil was changed every 25 hours, plugs changed out each year, winterization, etc., it was impossible not to be leaning on them to some extent causing them to look a little disfigured. Thankfully my main mechanic for the first 4 years was about 5'5" and weighed maybe 140 pounds. Definitely have in the back of your mind that the motor freshening and a definite go-thru on the drives should be factored into the price which will be $10-15k but still well worth it if the gel, interior, etc. is not in bad shape. I would have it surveyed well and use that to beat the price down to accomodate the repairs. Good luck, I loved my 38zx!!!!
amen to that, I dread doing water pumps on the port motor . Still a fantastic boat and that does look like a decent deal. I have the 525's and have seen 82 with B1's when it was new. Extremely well built boat to say the least. Fit an finish is great and quite honestly one of the dead sexiest lookin boats out there.

I also agree on the the flame arrestors. They are in a area that they may take a beating in, not much room between them and the bulkhead.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone know this Donzi?-38zx2.jpg  
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 05-05-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Registered

Talking

Donzi definitely did not leave much room in front of those engines. But that does maximize your cockpit area. I always remove the flame arresters when I am in there. Great Boat!!!

GLASSDAVE - What about my non-slip DONZI decal for my swim platform. You know how dangerous that can be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.