St. Johns River for Memorial day >

St. Johns River for Memorial day

Notices

St. Johns River for Memorial day

Old 05-26-2009, 08:16 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Tried to go to the "Glen" on Sunday in the late afternoon, and got to Astor, (3 different water cops hassled me about my fast idle speed and wake I was leaving, I COULD NOT go any slower, it's the way the water leaves the tunnels on my vegas XT bottom, try explaining that to Barney 1 bullet!)
Anyway, we saw that bad a$$ storm coming, and decided to turn around and headed to the Blackwater Inn, and got some food, and let the storm pass, although it rained on us all the way back to Hontoon's. Glad we turned around, after hearing about the fatalities on Lake George that afternoon, what a tragic event that was. Heard this morning on TV that only 2 kids died that day, (Like Shor, said, they were trapped in the cuddy cabin after the boat capsized), and that a 3rd child has died from that boat! Plus, I heard 2 airboaters crashed into each other resulting in 3 serious injuries!
Prayers go out to the families involved.
Yesterday was awsome! The river was flat, the weather was HOT, and we hauled butt up to the Glen for a little while, before having to leave to go home.

Overall, it was a good time, the Hydrostream ran GREAT. I need a bigger prop for cruising, speed runs, and the NEW EXTENDED IDLE zones south of Lake George are ridiculious! Is there any good places to stay north of Lake George? How about Palatka?
Thanks,
MD
Old 05-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Here's the latest on the accident from the local paper.

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/...ating+accident