The Truck rolls out of the Barn..

Notices

The Truck rolls out of the Barn..

Old 03-26-2002, 05:09 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Thanks Guys!!!
I do apppreciate the complements.. The motor came out of a 71 Impala, long time ago. I have been saving it for this project. It is a four bolt main 400" and yes I put the TPI on it and will control it with an Accel ECU. It will be on the road this weekend for tuning if all goes well.
Thank you all for the positive remarks. My son was 14 when I bought the Impala for the motor and he is now 31... yeah I know.!! But it should be a good tow vehicle, I built it with low end torque in mind.
And yes Doug, I do plan on having a running boat this year, may not be able to use it because of the job, but I have quit jobs before for less reason!!
As I get more time, I will add to this group of pics. I plan on getting some in air shots of the boat on the water, running under it's own power..

Thanks again everyone!!

Dick
Old 03-26-2002, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Mr- are you running the stock 4spd automatic tranny in that hotrod? Im running a 88 fully loaded Jimmy with a stock 350 TBI and while pulling (even with a shift kit) my shifts got real lazy until I put the biggest tranny cooler I could find on it (covers up about half the rad) now Im OK...........Doug
Old 03-28-2002, 05:00 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

twinn29,
I am running the 700r4 transmission. A friend of mine rebuilt it. I have pulled my boat with my old Blazer (85) with 305 motor and never had any problems with the transmission. I will keep that in mind as I get into the drive time on this project. Just another gadget to monitor something..LOL. Thanks for the advice!!

Dick
Old 03-28-2002, 05:44 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice old Blazer. I always liked those years. Also cool fuel system on the boat. What kind of injection system is that? Let me know.
Thanks,
Dave