Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lazy Days at LOTO Mem Day Weekend???? >

Lazy Days at LOTO Mem Day Weekend????

Notices

Lazy Days at LOTO Mem Day Weekend????

Old 03-26-2002, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ramp situation is not that big of a deal. The state park is real close and they have very nice ramps. You will have no problems there.
Old 03-26-2002, 10:14 PM
VIP Member

I agree with Waterfoul. It is a steep ramp. I walked up it once and that is why I am borrowing my buddies Dodge Ram 4X4 so I can get back up the hill--my pickup is a 2 wheeler (supercharged I might add) and would just smoke the tires!!!

Hey Waterfoul are you gonna have that motor done and runnin' wild in time for LOTO?

I am also trying to get a friend who owns a Cessna to meet us down there so we can get an aerial shot of all of us at some point. Problem is he is a U.S. Air Marshall and he doesn't know his schedule that far ahead yet.

Does anybody have a small portable generator. I am thinking of rigging up a water cannon possibly.Just thinkin crazy stuff lately!!!

I really need a vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later,
Dave
Old 03-26-2002, 10:15 PM
Registered

MNfastboat,
You can drive my boat, after a few hours in LOTO I probably will look like Bill the Cat !

I was on the www.partycovepics.com site last week and I'm kind of bummed that I'm taking my boat , that is because I will have to be somewhat responsible !!
Oh well I'm sure I will get over it!
Old 03-26-2002, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

26scarab,

I'm assuming you've never been to Party Cove??? Are you in for some fun or what??? LOL I feel your pain though. My first time to Party Cove was last fall the weekend of the Shootout. I had just bought me boat. Had to be responsible because I had too many drunks with me. That and I didn't trust anyone driving it yet.

I'm lookin forward to meeting you and riding in your boat. Can't imagine a boat like mine running that fast.

It'll be good to have someone to talk shop with.

Buck
Old 03-26-2002, 10:30 PM
Registered

Yes ,
I hope all of us OSO people can get together, I know it's hard to get everyone in one place here at the lake I boat on ,much less a lake that noone is familiar with.

I take it since your going again , you had a good time ? Is it easy to find your way around there, is the lake shallow or deep?
Is it a problem not have a dingy to cruise around in ? I don't want to be stuck just on my boat and I here the cove is too deep to walk around .

We are staying in some covered slips at the state park.
Old 03-26-2002, 10:31 PM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

If you guys have to much to drink just stay in the cove. It is a real blast at night. The water patrol leaves after sun set but hang out a little further down from the cove.
Old 03-26-2002, 10:33 PM
Registered

26 Scarab ~ Looking forward to meeting up with you and your group! If you're staying at Lazy Dayz, you will be right in the thick of things; so many OSO people staying there.
Old 03-26-2002, 10:45 PM
Registered

26scarab,

Yes, we did enjoy it! What's not to enjoy there?

I don't know my way around the lake at all. I'm lucky enough to have a freind that lives on the lake to navigate for me. From the looks of it there will be a bunch of us there. I don't think going somewhere without someone that knows where to go will be a problem. I'm pretty much just planing on staying with the group anyway. That's my whole reason for going.

From what I've seen you don't have to worry about shallow spots too much on the lake.

Your right, you won't be walking around Party Cove. But there are several alternatives to the problem. Keep in mind that there are several hundred boats tied together in the cove. Walking from one boat to another is an easy option. You may want to bring an innertube to float around on or something like that. Most of the drunks just swim around or put a life jacket on like a pair of swim trunks and float. Pretty funny sight really. You have to see it to believe it, trust me. Or you could just buy one of those self propelled torpedo looking things that some people have. They look like fun. They'll usually give you a ride to where your going if you need one.

You know guys, we could just go on the chat and talk. We're replying about every two minutes here. LOL

Buck
Old 03-26-2002, 10:46 PM
Registered

We don't really have a place to stay, I reserved that boat well and as far as sleeping goes I've got the cabin and Milord can take the backseat !

Before we all go we should exchange cell numbers so we can all get ahold of each other when we are down there.
Old 03-26-2002, 10:53 PM
Registered

Good idea on the cell phone #s.

Let's wait until right before though. I'll probably lose them before then.

Buck

Quick Reply: Lazy Days at LOTO Mem Day Weekend????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.