Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Looking for trailer, Who is a goog MFG? >

Looking for trailer, Who is a goog MFG?

Notices

Looking for trailer, Who is a goog MFG?

Old 03-24-2002, 09:25 PM
Clark Hoesman

Default Looking for trailer, Who is a goog MFG?

I just bought a 38 Donzi and need a trailer. I know that Myco is the best but trying to swallow the 10K for a trailer is very hard. I plan on using this trailer a couple of times a year.

Does anybody have any feed back on all those aluminum boat mfg out there? Sure are a lot.

What is the next best trailer on the market?

Clark

Old 03-24-2002, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a few trailer manufacturers out there. I had a South Florida trailer,(look to the left on this board) , there is also towmaster, www.towmastertrailer.com, and nexrail, and a whole bunch of others. There were several threads within the last few weeks as well that you may want to do a search on. Do you boat in fresh or salt water? Congrats on the new Donzi.
I never had any problems with my aluminum trailer, and my next trailer is also aluminium.
Old 03-24-2002, 09:47 PM
Clark Hoesman

I live in AUstin, Texas and boat on Lake Travis. I plan on going to Destin, FL for a poker run August 16, Lake Texoma the following weekend.

Clark

Old 03-24-2002, 09:59 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I need a new trailer I'm going to look very hard at South Florida trailers. I like the people down there. You'll save a couple thousand pounds of towing weight with an alum.
Old 03-24-2002, 10:27 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

My Donzi sits on a Performance Trail. aluminum..It`s the only way to go if your in salt water.Mycos look great,but u better be havin your boat hoisted off if your gonna be in salt water.
Old 03-24-2002, 10:37 PM
WES311SR1

METAL LOOKS BETTER BUT I'VE NOTICE THAT ALUMINUM TOWS MUCH BETTER AND IS LESS POUNDS ON THE TRUCK TO TOW . WHICH MEANS THE WIFE GO CARRY HER 50 PAIRS OF SHOES AND THE REST OF HER CLOSET...

Old 03-24-2002, 11:19 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've also been very happy with my SFT trailer under my 28' boat, and Jay Castaline at SFT is a great guy. They helped me out with some replacement parts even though the trailer was out of warranty. They're very conscientious about using corrosion-resistant parts, like stainless hardware, torsion axles (no spring leaves to corrode) and galvanized brakes. (These are options on some trailers.)

Eagle Trailers in Michigan has apparently just started building aluminum trailers. I was very happy with a steel one I had under a 21' boat, and they do most of Formula's trailers as well.

Myco builds in aluminum as well as steel.
Old 03-25-2002, 06:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have and E-Z Loader aluminum that was under my boat when I bought it. A previous owner bought it in'95 and it seems to have held up very well.
A co-worker bought an aluminum one to replace a steel trailer and says that it's the best move he's made.
Old 03-25-2002, 06:52 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Hi Clark,I also have dealt with Jay at www.southfloridatrailers.com and found them to build a superior product and have no problem doing custom requests. The torsion arm setup is great, much better than the old spring style.All my hardware is stainless, brake lines are stainless,lights are led style. The web page above will also give pricing, I dont think anybody else will do that. Good luck, Mark B.
Old 03-25-2002, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Manning

have an awesome triaxle under my formula

Quick Reply: Looking for trailer, Who is a goog MFG?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.