Xpower Drive Any One Running One >

Xpower Drive Any One Running One

Notices

Xpower Drive Any One Running One

Old 05-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE
Steve is happy with his engine, very strong and no leaksthe only problem he had was a dist. gear broke, it was teflon went back with a bronze no other problems. I have spoken to Mark @ Precision, great guy, ever since the whole Gary Taylor ordeal, PM will be my motor shop from here on out
Wise choice mark will shoot you straight he has dino 3 motors for me all fuel injected.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by NASCAT
IMO Ilmors new drive is going to overshadow the Xpower's debut for several reasons. Not saying the Xpower won't be a quality piece but Ilmor's engineering & resources, reputation, financial backing (Roger Penske) , marketing capabilities, warranty and service etc will be tough to beat. Boat manufacturers are already ordering the drives due to ship in June & it's a warranteed package. Drives only available for retrofits later this year.

Not trying to hijack just a point of interest.
hey nascat how you doing love my glagla sneakers, just dug them out for summer again. I agree on the ilmors and konrad I went with the xfactor shortie ace package which holds the tranny in the ex box and comes with steering, art
Old 05-15-2009, 10:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Back4More
If they make that Ilmor Indy in a Bravo conversion with the trans in an extension box so motors stay in the same location....they will have the market.
konrad is doing it with the ace package tran in the box and comes with steering and shortie drive thats what I bought for for a single set up 1050hp should be fine. they are rated at 800hp but have seen more power added and are doing fine in light singles. and have seen twin 800s run fine.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Not reping the GlaGla's anymore but glad you are enjoing them, they are a comfortable shoe, great for boating.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

IMO Ilmors new drive is going to overshadow the Xpower's debut for several reasons. Not saying the Xpower won't be a quality piece but Ilmor's engineering & resources, reputation, financial backing (Roger Penske) , marketing capabilities, warranty and service etc will be tough to beat. Boat manufacturers are already ordering the drives due to ship in June & it's a warranteed package. Drives only available for retrofits later this year.

this is great cause it will probably force Merc to make available the NXT drive on the reamaining line...it would be nice to get a 496HO or the 525 with NXT drive..peace of mind and much better than those bravo's..
Old 05-18-2009, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Any idea on the coast of the Ilmor drive - and can you get it in Black?

And do they have a final retail price on the Xpower drive?

Last edited by Marginmn; 05-18-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
this is great cause it will probably force Merc to make available the NXT drive on the reamaining line...it would be nice to get a 496HO or the 525 with NXT drive..peace of mind and much better than those bravo's..
525's are already offered with the NXT
Old 05-18-2009, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

just met a guy running a pair on a 28 eliminator 1200s should be good test
Old 05-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JIMKID Motorsports
just met a guy running a pair on a 28 eliminator 1200s should be good test

X-power drives?
Old 06-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Registered

When it is time to buy my next boat in the near future, I will definitely plan on the Ilmor package. I have had both the 550 and the 625 package and loved it. The new 725 package with the new drive is awesome. No question as to whom I would call. Ilmor was fantastic to deal with and customer satisfaction was number 1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.