cleaning black mold off of interior

Notices

cleaning black mold off of interior

Old 05-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Sorry guys, but bleach just scares me. My last boat the owner said he cleaned it real good just before I took possession. He apparently used bleach, and didn't do it right, cause the stitching on the sunpad came apart about a month after I got it. The vinyl was perfect and super clean, but the stitching was Gone!!! $680 to have it re-stitched. Bleach scares me.

I just bought the Leverage products and will be posting a before/after in the Vinyl thread. In the past I used Magic Erasers with decent success, but hoping Leverage is better.
thanks for the support..Use the cleaner first before you use it with the Magic erasor. There is vinyl scrubber on the site 3.65 that works much better than a rag cause it get down deep into the material. the other side is smooth and I use that to appy the conditioner. Looking forward to the pics..and if you have any questions call or email me anytime. Thanks Jeff
Old 05-16-2009, 01:03 PM
NoQuarter

Originally Posted by Jassman
thanks for the support..Use the cleaner first before you use it with the Magic erasor. There is vinyl scrubber on the site 3.65 that works much better than a rag cause it get down deep into the material. the other side is smooth and I use that to appy the conditioner. Looking forward to the pics..and if you have any questions call or email me anytime. Thanks Jeff
Yes, I bought 4 of the $3.65 scrub pads. I will be using those, not the Magic Erasers. Thx.

Old 05-16-2009, 05:50 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used Clorox cleaner with bleach for eight years. No issues at all. I have cleaned the new boat with it for 4 yrs. I would agree that a strong concentrate of bleach might kill the threads, but Clorox cleanup is diluted and is mostly water and some soap.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the repliers guys! What is the difference between the vinyl erasers and the vinyl scrubber you are talking about?

Thanks
Old 05-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Profiler27'
Thanks for the repliers guys! What is the difference between the vinyl erasers and the vinyl scrubber you are talking about?

Thanks

here you go..scrubber top of the page..

http://www.topnotchperformancemarine...oducts-c2.html

the Mr Clean magic erasor is something you buy at the store..it contais bleach and a few other chem..try the scrubber first ..call or email me if you have Q's..thanks Jeff