Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
about to give up cant give money away??????? >

about to give up cant give money away???????

Notices

about to give up cant give money away???????

Old 05-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Run As Fast As U Can This Guy Is Prob A Flake
Old 05-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default bob t

hey bob seems like you should have started the thread lol you have a bigger prob them me being boat im buying im sure is a lot less than you have going on. i would get my money back from the sob and tell him go scratch if the guy wants to sell he knows where to find you just my .02 Chris
Old 05-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Registered

Not trying to hijack the thread, just was pointing out that nothing to do with the word "boat" ever seems to be straight forward, or easy. This will be our 8th boat, and by far, seems to be the most f'ed up deal in 11 years of "pleasure" boating.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default hijack

i wasnt saying you were, not at all. i was just joking around saying you should have started one like this to vent earlier lol did not by anymeans mean to sound like i was coming at you not at all. its actually turning out to be a good thread keep us posted with what happens
Old 05-16-2009, 03:00 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Run...if he can't handle a business transaction how do you think he's maintained his boat? And how smooth do you think the transaction will be if you actually do see it and make an offer? And what's with the secrecy around giving out his cell number...no way.

I dealt with several people like that and never pursued it, found out later that the people that did make the purchases got hosed.

I'd cool my jets if I were you, there's always more boats, especially in this market. It might take some time which is hard when you want to get out on the water but this is a major transaction for most of us and dealing with meatheads doesn't help.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:53 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If he does come back to you tell him your offer is now lower
Old 05-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I would have someone else call the Jerk *** to see if he will talk to other interested parties.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bob_t
I know the feeling ... I have a signed contract and deposit on a boat with a broker. Signed the contract and gave a deposit on the boat in March. The actual "owner" of the boat has flip-flopped on what boat he wants to buy many, many times and he doesn't want to "sell" his boat until he buys something. Every week its another boat that he says he is going to buy and the broker keeps asking me to be patient ... its been 2 month since I thought I was buying a boat. Took a day of vacation to go look at the boat and sea trial it, but when we got there, the ignition keys were not in the boat where the owner said they were, or anywhere else in the boat. 9 hours of driving for basically nothing ... I love the marine industry
So why did this a**hole have the boat at a broker if he didnt want to sell it? Is the contract pretty much worthless? Hope you dont get Long Duck Donged!
Old 05-16-2009, 06:09 PM
Registered

I've been wondering the same thing, especially with the boat market the way it is. He has a firm buyer, no price haggling, cash in hand, no trade, no financing saga, and a signed contract with a deposit. I am pretty sure I can/will get my deposit back without a significant hassle. There isn't anything else on the market that I just "need" to have at the moment, so I am tolerating this, but my patience is about shot! If/when I walk, I think he will have a tough time finding another buyer.

Last edited by bob_t; 05-16-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:30 PM
Registered

If it doesn't feel good,,,,, it's not.
If it stinks, thats because it's "chit".

Especially these days as hard up as lots of people are... I've never in my life heard of someone that had a high end item for sale and did not want to provide a phone number. That alone says it's starting to stink.

Good luck. Be thorough. Don't skip any details. Title search etc. I'd simply run.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.