Notices

I miss Budweiser

Old 05-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I miss Budweiser

As a fan and racer in offshore, I can tell you our sport is not the same without the Bud Lite team out there on the course with us, not to mention the Seabold family in the tunnel boats. The Busch family and Budweiser are synonimous with boat racing and helped put our sport on the map. After two races this year without them I had to voice my displeasure and encourage you to do the same.
I just went on there website and explained why I will no longer purchase any product of theirs. Here is the link, http://budweiser.com/index.aspx

Last edited by ScottB; 05-20-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I just let them know also, we need to get everyone to do this, unless David Scott doesn't think it's a good thing to do.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

I just saw a post on the Lucas Oil/Budweiser Outerlimits race boat......so I guess they are not out of it completely
Old 05-20-2009, 04:20 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Bullhead
I just saw a post on the Lucas Oil/Budweiser Outerlimits race boat......so I guess they are not out of it completely
Any Budweiser Sponsorship you see are local distributors - NOT Corporate - BIG difference if you know anything about sponsorship.

I have received word from a confidential inside source that InBev/Anheuser-Busch is hearing from other sources regarding the value they are missing not having us on the circuit.

Only going to get more interesting over time
Old 05-20-2009, 05:42 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

InBev also dropped NHRA and the Budweiser Brandon Bernstein top fuel car.......

Whether you hate bud beers or like them, this was just a dumb move on InBev's part. Those Belgians should stick to waffles.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Registered

Message from an Anheiser Busch employee who will remain anonymous

"Hi Scotty.....Love your boat.....and turbines in general ....I am an employee of Anheuser Busch....and I can tell you....the new people that the company sold out to, care very little for sporting sponsorships....The good relations with sporting groups, that were a hallmark of the Busch family, that took generations to establish.....are more or less gone....The new group in charge, Inbev, are based in Belgium, and are more or less run by Brazilians....and the "bottom line" ......is the only thing on their minds..The cost cutting measures implemented since the takeover border on the ridiculous..The deal is done, however...and there is little that can be done....I can even smell the difference in the change of ingredients while they are brewing at work..The decades of goodwill the Busch family fostered with sports media ...has more or less vaporized since the takeover....The employees dont like it....distributors dont like it....public dont like it...but it is what it is...Perhaps, when the new owners see the true cost of trampling on the Busch legacy..in terms of the bottom line...things will change back......but it will never be what it once was..
Old 05-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Registered

To bad Augie got out of the beer bsn lot of work i guess
Old 05-20-2009, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Where exactly do you go on the site to voice our opinions?
Old 05-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Registered

when you enter the site there is a contact us icon
Old 05-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Registered

The Anheuser Busch family has a legacy dating back to Bernie Little's Michelob Light in offshore (remember the fuel tanks painted like beer cans) and his decades atop the Unlimited hydro circuit with such drivers as Dean Chenoweth (R.I.P.), Jim Kropfeld, Chip Hanauer and Dave Vilwock. I agree that it just doesn't seem the same without the Budweiser colors out there, whether it's on the water with the Littles or on the pavement with the Bernsteins. Sorry, but I doubt that Kasey Kahne even likes Budweiser. At least Dale Jr. made you think he liked it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.