Force Offshore, What can you tell me...Purchasing NEW 29 Canopy Cat >

Force Offshore, What can you tell me...Purchasing NEW 29 Canopy Cat

Notices

Force Offshore, What can you tell me...Purchasing NEW 29 Canopy Cat

Old 05-20-2009, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Force Offshore, What can you tell me...Purchasing NEW 29 Canopy Cat

So I think I'm going to purchase a beautiful new force offshore 29 canopy....

I haven't found out alot about them but all comments seem to be very positive. They are a newer west coast custom boat builder. I spent a while on the phone with owner today (mike) who was very nice and knowledgable.

Here's the boat
http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/7097

Boat will do about 110mph....which will do for now.

But I'm hoping someone can give me some more opinions, good or bad. How does it ride in chop? (i will use it in a variety of places....choppy lake michigan, loto, but primarily the gulf of mexico (ft myers area) and ft lauderdale)

Anything would be appreciated.

cheers,
chris

Last edited by hotstang46; 05-21-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:18 AM
Registered

no one here owns one or been in one????

Old 05-21-2009, 06:19 AM
Registered

Call Paul @ TSPM @631 724 8707.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:56 AM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like a nice boat, but IMO it would really have to be putting out some power to run 110mph. Also, a 29 high hp cat could be hard on drives. I think you should buy it! Lets get this economy going..........
Old 05-21-2009, 09:16 AM
Registered

with a pulley change it will be making about 960 on pump gas. Total weight I think is only about 4800 pounds so it's not a heavy boat. In fact weight is about the same as the 26 awesome cat.

But ya, the drive is questionable. I haven't heard too many good things about the imco and with that kind of power I just don't know. I hate that there is no reasonable alternative for a robust reliable drive. I still wonder how there could not be with technology what it is these days.

we will see, I do have a bmax sitting at my home that I was planning on using with the awesome.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hotstang46
with a pulley change it will be making about 960 on pump gas. Total weight I think is only about 4800 pounds so it's not a heavy boat. In fact weight is about the same as the 26 awesome cat.

But ya, the drive is questionable. I haven't heard too many good things about the imco and with that kind of power I just don't know. I hate that there is no reasonable alternative for a robust reliable drive. I still wonder how there could not be with technology what it is these days.

we will see, I do have a bmax sitting at my home that I was planning on using with the awesome.
4800lbs is heavy for a 26' cat. Most of them are in the 3900-4400lb range.

A Bravo will not last under the kind of power your motor is making. BMax might not last either but it is stronger. I understand the BMax robs some speed too.

My suggestion is the Weismann 6. They are testing a duoprop drive now that Pat says will handle 1500hp. By the time you break the drives you have, the duoprop should be ready for market.

www.weismann.net

Last edited by Catmando; 05-21-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

do they have a web site ?
Old 05-21-2009, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a lot of nice boats out there for 120K that have a brand name. Buy a used Gladiator for 120K and this boat for 120K. Put both up for sale in 2 years and this cat won't be worth half of what the Cig will be. If it's got to be a cat spend a little more for a Spectre or Eliminator with twins. Just my opinion, but that 09 already looks 10 years old.