Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How much $$$ should I offer to upgrade to arneson (new boat) >

How much $$$ should I offer to upgrade to arneson (new boat)

Notices

How much $$$ should I offer to upgrade to arneson (new boat)

Old 05-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE
I thought that the Arneson Bravo conversion was only good for 750ftlbs torque, hell for 23 thousand go with the Max Machine Worx, keep the imco for a spare and spend about 5,000 less. I have a MMW and im putting alot more than you will be and I have 80hrs on the drive, with only 2 uhhos. one I flew the boat and didn't get out of it in time and I broke the clutch shaft, which I am guessing that it had stress from the first fuk up. Just my .02 but I would much rather a new drive with a spare that is only a 15min swap if there were any problems
The kit is WARRANTIED for 850 lbs of torque, but I see you would rather fix and fix and spend and spend which is good if you have it like that.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with 1000 horse and 1100 ft lb's of torque it would have broke. I mean come on, that drive is rated at what...600 hp i think?

If I would have had a soft throttle hand and avoided air that would have helped..... but that's not what this boat is made for. It's a friggin speed boat, I'm not going to beat it but I'm going to have some fun with it.....and now with the arneson I will have piece of mind. Not to mention, I will have more horse to the prop and maybe even a little extra speed. that rooster is pretty damn cool too

Rik is hooking me up with a kit that will work for my horsepower level for a long time to come with proper care. Not to mention if I did happen to have a problem he's got me covered and there to help unlike some of these other bravo drive companies. What will they tell you if you have a problem and tell them something broke? My spare Bmax will be up for sale shortly

Last edited by hotstang46; 05-23-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
The kit is WARRANTIED for 850 lbs of torque, but I see you would rather fix and fix and spend and spend which is good if you have it like that.

Well you update your website, it says 750lbs, what do you have for 1250lbs in a bravo conversion...I'll give it a try
Old 05-24-2009, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a customer with a pair of my 925 efi's in a 38 Hustler Slingshot with the ASD6's. The engines make 970 hp and 1075 ft lbs of torque. He has 240 hours on the package and has not had any trouble with the drives(or the engines for that matter) He is running 5 blade Merc. clevers that are 16.5 X 36 with a 1.3:1 reduction in the trans. Rik has been great to deal with and I would absolutely not hesitate to do it again. Good luck with it, Eddie.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Registered

gosh darn cleavers are expensive. Anyone used one's out there???
Old 05-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Registered

I have an email in to rik about that, hopefully I'll get an idea of where I should be on that size wise.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Young Performance
I have a customer with a pair of my 925 efi's in a 38 Hustler Slingshot with the ASD6's. The engines make 970 hp and 1075 ft lbs of torque. He has 240 hours on the package and has not had any trouble with the drives(or the engines for that matter) He is running 5 blade Merc. clevers that are 16.5 X 36 with a 1.3:1 reduction in the trans. Rik has been great to deal with and I would absolutely not hesitate to do it again. Good luck with it, Eddie.
Eddie how come you call it a 925 if it's making 970?? That's REAL conservative lol.

Hotstang if Eddie Young says something you can take it to the bank.

Hey Rik you better uprate that drive. A Slingshot is not a light boat, in addition to which almost 1000hp and 1100ftlbs is running through the lightest drives you build and they're holding up, amazing!!
Old 05-25-2009, 12:32 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE
Well you update your website, it says 750lbs, what do you have for 1250lbs in a bravo conversion...I'll give it a try
The same #7M that this thread is about will handle your power in your boat with no problems.

The #7M is not shown on our drive ratings chart. Guess I need to add that.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
The same #7M that this thread is about will handle your power in your boat with no problems.

The #7M is not shown on our drive ratings chart. Guess I need to add that.
yes you do..and raise the ratings now that you have had many customers with more advertised HP..850hp and 950tq should be the rating of the #7
Old 05-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by Jassman
yes you do..and raise the ratings now that you have had many customers with more advertised HP..850hp and 950tq should be the rating of the #7

Then I won't be able to sell the larger drive units

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.