Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How much $$$ should I offer to upgrade to arneson (new boat) >

How much $$$ should I offer to upgrade to arneson (new boat)

Notices

How much $$$ should I offer to upgrade to arneson (new boat)

Old 05-25-2009, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
The same #7M that this thread is about will handle your power in your boat with no problems.

The #7M is not shown on our drive ratings chart. Guess I need to add that.
Just sent you a PM
Old 05-25-2009, 01:48 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Young Performance
I have a customer with a pair of my 925 efi's in a 38 Hustler Slingshot with the ASD6's. The engines make 970 hp and 1075 ft lbs of torque. He has 240 hours on the package and has not had any trouble with the drives(or the engines for that matter) He is running 5 blade Merc. clevers that are 16.5 X 36 with a 1.3:1 reduction in the trans. Rik has been great to deal with and I would absolutely not hesitate to do it again. Good luck with it, Eddie.
I have to say that they are bulletproof. I have spent alot of time in this boat and the midrange in it is unbelievable. You cant explain it to people. When you do...they look at you like you are a nut. Thier eyes start to glaze over when you tell them it outruns the speedometer. The boat starts to get loose over 100 mph....consequently if someone rolls up on him......he will hit it so hard that they can't ever catch him after that initial burst of throttle. I think that speaks volumes for the arneson set up he is running. That is the kind of driving that breaks this stuff if it has a weak link. I know I shelled a new set of stock xr's with Eddie's 750's in one weekend running around (behind) Meanstreak trying to keep up. If you see that boat out, you better be packin serious in your hatch if you think you can get some.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hotstang46
Alright, you only live once I suppose. Mike (from Force) and I have worked things out and will be installing an arneson.

Thank you for your patience as well Rik (arneson) I will contact you on monday

Now the only decision is do I want to run a bravo style 5 blade or a cleaver....... anyone happen to have any guidance in that decision?

Hopefully the boat will be ready in 2 weeks
You are going to have a neat little package, congrats!!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 02:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hotstang46
Alright, you only live once I suppose. Mike (from Force) and I have worked things out and will be installing an arneson.

Thank you for your patience as well Rik (arneson) I will contact you on monday

Now the only decision is do I want to run a bravo style 5 blade or a cleaver....... anyone happen to have any guidance in that decision?

Hopefully the boat will be ready in 2 weeks
Keep us posted on this project, should be very cool (and fast) once dialed in.

Also, you're gaining fuel efficiency along with the speed, but it doesn't sound like you need any more help rationalizing.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hotstang46,

keep us posted on the project. I'm a big fan of Arneson drives. I hope you will be able to get the boat dialed in quickly.

Darrell.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I'm going with cleavers. Arneson parts should hit Force in about 2 weeks. I'm also going to have all the parts powdercoated silver (as opposed to black) to match the rest of the hardware and the overall scheme on the boat.

For the cleavers I've heard a few good and bad things both ways about hering. But I think I may go with them because of the relationship they have with Mike @ force. Dialing in the boat with them will be easiest because they will meet up with mike at a lake and bring a selection of props to try. Working like that with hering will allow us to dial it in perfect and in a short amount of time. Apparently mike has a shoot scheduled mid june for an article with performance boat and some other, can't remember, and we'd like to have it dialed in for that.

any other opinions on hering from anyone?

It will look very nice on the back. Here is how she sits right now.

Last edited by hotstang46; 05-25-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

The Arneson should work extremely well in your application. I have a 32 Skater with Arneson ASD 7s. The drives work extremely well.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Force makes one hell of a nice boat. Had this one in my shop for a custom hatch and blueprint on the rear running surface. I was very impressed with the build quality.
Attached Thumbnails How much $$$ should I offer to upgrade to arneson (new boat)-hatch-034.jpg   How much $$$ should I offer to upgrade to arneson (new boat)-hatch-028.jpg   How much $$$ should I offer to upgrade to arneson (new boat)-hatch-025.jpg  

08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 05-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pro1
The Arneson should work extremely well in your application. I have a 32 Skater with Arneson ASD 7s. The drives work extremely well.

Awesome to hear they worked well for you, I'd like to hear some stats and performance figures on your boat. We're hoping they do great for us too!! I don't think in talking with rik too many people have put an arneson on a single cat near this size yet, but he mantains we will be pleased, which I'm sure we will be...... a few questions if you don't mind....

What props are you running?

Did you pick up alot of midrange accel like most?

Any more top speed?

Any porpoise?

How often do you change oil?

Cheers.....Chris
Old 05-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

I am turning 16 x 32 right now. I think I need more prop. I am going to call the guy on the 17x33's for sale. 16.5 x 30 were too small. 16.5x 34s were too much pitch. I am thinking now that the 34s I had actually were actually over pitched and were more then 34s. 1.3 gear ratio. I can turn 6000 rpm. They were Tom Abrams props and i think they were worked.

Mid range and acceleration and getting on plane are extremely good. I have no propoise now running the rocker plates down about a half of an inch. If I go to lift the plates up and run the boat loose is where the porpoise begins and you can get flighty. No need to run a boat like that.

The boat was rigged for Arnesons and you have no recognizable difference.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.