Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How much $$$ should I offer to upgrade to arneson (new boat) >

How much $$$ should I offer to upgrade to arneson (new boat)

Notices

How much $$$ should I offer to upgrade to arneson (new boat)

Old 05-26-2009, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLABvKhHBdk

There are more videos with the 32 running with a 36 skater with 900s and a 43 Nortech with 1200s. We did a fun run.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Here is a 32 with Arnesons 8s and big power. I think this is jeff's boat. Rik would know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxUy_...eature=related

Derebey has a 388 skater with Arnesons and rockers and burns has a 40 skater with Arnesons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfDFh9l27o8
This is really a different level of boating. It looks like they have 2 speed trans.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man......I never really realized the situation with these cleaver props. Mike from Force talked with the hering guys and they don't even stock these. If we go with them they will try to round up some props for us to try, but even if we find one that works great we can't buy.......then I guess 3 weeks to build one. I guess that puts the boat back a little bit if we got that route.....we will see, we are investigating other routes as well.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arnseson ASD-7's

I have approx 120 hrs now on my Formula 382 w/1085's. Including a couple of Catalina Ski races and 2 Miami to Key west runs.....no drive issues at all...super dependable!

The steering was a bit of a challenge to get dialed in...but it works great now. Boat handles and steers awesome...accelrates like a flat bottom!

Kevin
Old 05-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Registered

well, looks like we need to start with a 16.5X34 or 17X34 5 blade cleaver. Anyone have one of those used sitting around? Seems Herring doesn't have test props in that size sitting around we can even try out. I'd hate to pay for a brand new one to find out it's not what we need. I didn't realize these were so difficult to come by. It was not something I was considering when deciding wether or not to go with the cleaver vs bravo arneson kit.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Registered

Arneson Parts are in............ I'm happy we chose to powdercoat silver, it looks real slick.

we hope to water test on wed or thurs. I will post up.

Here's a pic of one of the arneson boxes.....and one of the engine just becuase

and for anyone who's interested here's a link to the thread I have in the force section with a bunch more boat pics
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...ml#post2894613

Last edited by hotstang46; 06-22-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Registered

well....I hate reading older threads with cool subjects with people that never posted the outcome of their project. So if anyone's interested I figured I'd follow up on the progress with the boat.

I do have a post going over in the "force offshore" owner section but I'll post up here as well as I'm sure many of you guys dont go there.

So when we hit the water today after going no more than 15mph yesterday and cavitating real bad with the 34 x 16.5 and 30x16.5 cleaver I wasn't expecting too much today with the 17x30 cleaver (thank you soo much to Tony at Elminator for hooking us up with that merc cleaver to try ) Our engine is not properly tuned of course so it was still running a little rough. The boat today was able to plane. It took alot of rpm (4100) and seemed to want to fight it the whole way. But once on plane she flat out took off with even just easing into the throttle. We ran the boat for about 4 mins, and took it up to about 4200 rpms, she was doing a little over 90 and has ALOT left. Threw a cool roost as well. For anyone that hasn't followed the engine was dynoed and tuned but when installing the arneson we replaced the steel merlin heads with the new aluminum pro 1 dart heads. So tomorrow morning we meet the tuner at lake elsinore to do the tuning, now that we can get a load on the engine.

Even when I jumped off the boat today I was still dissapointed because I thought we were SOOOOO far off on props. But after talking to alot of people including RIK at arneson (who has been nothing less than a saint helping us through this) the high rpm needed to plane is just a characteristic of this style prop. Coming from bravo boats I guess it's just something I will have to get used to. However it would seem the performance once on plane MORE than made up for that. I couldn't be happier. I should have some more pics tomorrow and some performance figures tomorrow. We still don't don't know if this latest 17x30 is correct but at least tomorrow we can start to figure it out when we can open her up. I will try to get some pics of the roost tomorrow if I think of it.

Old 07-18-2009, 06:01 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks Great !
Rik goes above and beyond for his customers.He has always been there for me.
Intial slip on take off is the norm. You learn to throttle it up and back off as 2nd nature in no time. Maybe a ventilation tube might be worth a test also.
Ken
Old 07-18-2009, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

90 mph at 4000 rpms that hauling . the fun begins's in trying difrent prop's out. this is when you will see the big diffrence in speed #s depending on the pitch prop . but it will also get agrivating having to keep trying diffrent prop's until you hit the magic rpms the boat should be running at .
good luck and keep us posted , by the sound's of it i would think between 110 and 120 mph should be easily there .

mike
Old 07-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Registered

When we were on the water this past weekend we didn't have much success. The boat wanted to kick out to the side at about 80 or more and was getting very very loose. There was almost no bow lift. We had to shut her down soon after because of a blown head gasket but it was not safe to see what she would do with the current boat manners. Rik is fashioning a sort of fin for the drive to keep the stern down and is rounding up a 4 blade cupped rolla prop for us. It is exactly what he has said will work get us to where we need so we can open her up and get a handle on the prop to order up.

I will update again once we hit the water.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.