Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How much $$$ should I offer to upgrade to arneson (new boat) >

How much $$$ should I offer to upgrade to arneson (new boat)

Notices

How much $$$ should I offer to upgrade to arneson (new boat)

Old 05-22-2009, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How much $$$ should I offer to upgrade to arneson (new boat)

some have you may have seen it the other day. I'm looking at buying a New 29 force offshore canopy cat. 1000 hp 622ci engine rather consertavely tuned I believe

Currently has an imco extension box with imco sc upper and lower. What is that package worth.

I talked with rik @ arneson and I know the bravo conversion is 23,000. If there's not too many alterations to the boat needing to be made I think I may do it.

What the cost difference (barring any things that need to be done) and what should I offer, I have no idea what the imco extension box/ and upper and lower drive cost.

Chris
Old 05-22-2009, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

you have a pm chris
Old 05-22-2009, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My only question would be, has anyone done a single engine 29, with a surface drive???? If not you'll be doing the R&D.

Darrell.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:48 PM
Registered

well, here's the bottom line then I'll explain

The boat is the same price with all the imco stuff vs re rigged with the arneson. BUT, I have to pay for the parts......23k
so the difference is $23,000

The reason why is because the arneson is a Bravo Bolt Up. This boat has an imco extension box that is not the same as a "Bravo". So the whole transom needs to be rebuilt where drive goes, engine pulled, engine bay repainted etc etc....basically alot alot of work...

What do you guys think, i'm on a fence and need to decide. It's a big enough money amount that it's not an easy decision. On one hand that alot of rebuilds....but on the other that arneson is alot of peace of mind if I want to get some air or push in a poker run or something....

Last edited by hotstang46; 05-22-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Why not take it how it is for now. If it breaks then upgrade. Seems like a waste of time and money to me. That kind of upgrade will probably keep you off the water a long time.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NKissau
Why not take it how it is for now. If it breaks then upgrade. Seems like a waste of time and money to me. That kind of upgrade will probably keep you off the water a long time.
IMO if you run that much power no modified Bravo is going to hold up regardless of what they tell you. Upgrade now and save yourself downtime and aggravation.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:14 AM
Registered

Why not take your money and buy the boat you want rather than one that you have to make into the one you want.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:48 AM
Registered

boat can be ready in 2 weeks with the arneson. And well, I'm getting a very good deal on a machine that lists for 170

Can someone tell me what the imco extension box, sc upper lower drive and those hydro rams approx new. And maybe what I could expect to get if I sold em myself.

Last edited by hotstang46; 05-23-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought that the Arneson Bravo conversion was only good for 750ftlbs torque, hell for 23 thousand go with the Max Machine Worx, keep the imco for a spare and spend about 5,000 less. I have a MMW and im putting alot more than you will be and I have 80hrs on the drive, with only 2 uhhos. one I flew the boat and didn't get out of it in time and I broke the clutch shaft, which I am guessing that it had stress from the first fuk up. Just my .02 but I would much rather a new drive with a spare that is only a 15min swap if there were any problems
Old 05-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Registered

Alright, you only live once I suppose. Mike (from Force) and I have worked things out and will be installing an arneson.

Thank you for your patience as well Rik (arneson) I will contact you on monday

Now the only decision is do I want to run a bravo style 5 blade or a cleaver....... anyone happen to have any guidance in that decision?

Hopefully the boat will be ready in 2 weeks

Last edited by hotstang46; 05-23-2009 at 08:07 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.