Notices

1984 Mako 254 value ?

Old 05-30-2009, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1984 Mako 254 value ?

Looking at a 1984 Mako 254 with twin 150's and trailer in good condition, guy is asking $12,000 for it, what would be a good price on it ? Fresh water great lakes boat.
Attached Thumbnails 1984 Mako 254 value ?-mako.jpg  
Old 05-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

There is a web site called Classic Mako. Go there and read about Mako gas tanks and their tendancy to corrode and leak. Very common for older Makos. Otherwise a great older C.C.
Unfortunatly they were sold in the early 90's and went down in quality.
I had a 1986 26 foot for thirteen years and I miss it.
ed
Old 05-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Interceptor
There is a web site called Classic Mako. Go there and read about Mako gas tanks and their tendancy to corrode and leak. Very common for older Makos. Otherwise a great older C.C.
Unfortunatly they were sold in the early 90's and went down in quality.
I had a 1986 26 foot for thirteen years and I miss it.
ed
What would be a good price ?
Old 05-31-2009, 03:21 AM
Registered

That sounds like a decent price for that boat. However, consider what two outboards and the trailer would be worth seperate. Of course there are many variables with a 1984 boat, (ie wood rot, condition of gel, do the motors run, how is the rigging, what is the condition of the trailer, etc). Is the owner of this boat a forum member? It may be wise to know that before you try to find out it's value on the forum.

Just some suggestions
Old 06-01-2009, 06:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Planetwarmer
That sounds like a decent price for that boat. However, consider what two outboards and the trailer would be worth seperate. Of course there are many variables with a 1984 boat, (ie wood rot, condition of gel, do the motors run, how is the rigging, what is the condition of the trailer, etc). Is the owner of this boat a forum member? It may be wise to know that before you try to find out it's value on the forum.

Just some suggestions

Not an OSO member for sure, good looking solid shape very well kept, I am just not familiar with the pricing of Mako's so was looking for some feedback before I make an offer.