Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Need CD changer and speaker help for truck . (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/20998-need-cd-changer-speaker-help-truck.html)

boot 03-26-2002 10:48 PM

Need CD changer and speaker help for truck .

A friend has a 94 F250 super cab . He wants a CD changer to hook to his stock ford radio . Would like 10-12 cd's .Also wants to put in some better speakers . does anybody know what size fits the front doors and the rear corner mounts in this truck ? Any input on the type of speaker would be great . He is very conservitive . May not use amp .

What would be some choices ( Your opinions ) Top 3 choices for each to give him some help picking . THanks ,JOE

Wellby 03-26-2002 11:21 PM

why does he want to keep his factory head unit? It can be donewith a FM Modulated unit. just about anybody that makes changers has that type of unit. I think that 5x7 inch speakers go in the doors, if not they are 6x8. it has been a while since I put a system in a ford truck. But anything can be done for the right amount of $$$$ It can be done easily for whatever he wants to spend

Audiofn 03-26-2002 11:33 PM

You can FM modulate it. However he will be happier with a new head unit. Uless he is worried about theft.

For speakers I am fairly sure you will have 6.5" rounds. That is what was in my old truck and also the new one.

Try a coax speaker. Speakers are personal preference deals so his best bet is to go to a store and listen to them all.

Jon

puder 03-26-2002 11:35 PM

teh FM changer work but kind of suck.

I had one in my 750iL along with a a normal changer and a CD headunit (and 4 10" subwoofers and a host of other speakers).

If he only wants really basic tunes with no extra features isn;t really concerned with top notch sound quality and he doesn't plan on biulding up his stereo the FM unit should be fine. I think they are pretty cheap now too

boot 03-26-2002 11:48 PM

Thanks guys . MOney is why he wants the stock head unit . Any CD changer brand names you think are good ,better and best ?

Jon , Are you sure about that 6.5's on the new Fords ? I think mine were smaller in the doors ?

Thanks

Audiofn 03-26-2002 11:54 PM

We make ANYTHING FIT!!!! :D:D

For the Cd Changer they often have packages with the head unit and changer. The cost will be rougly the same for the changer and the head unit. I like the Clarion stuff as it comes with a rotary volume knob that is definatly nice. They also have the smallest changers on the market. In a truck that can be important.

Jon

Audiofn 03-26-2002 11:55 PM

Go to Crutchfields web site and they will let you know what is in there for ya.

Jon

Pure Energy 03-27-2002 12:11 AM

I have a pair of J&L Audio speakers in my doors in my F-350. Best sounding speakers I have found yet!