Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Trim Tab Question - IS THIS NORMAL? >

Trim Tab Question - IS THIS NORMAL?

Notices

Trim Tab Question - IS THIS NORMAL?

Old 06-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 273 Likes on 163 Posts

My sea ray is set up that way. Just remember its the opposite of what you think it is. Or change the wires, you may just be able to turn the swith panel backwards. If this is your first boat with tabs I'd just leave them as is. Gets confusing when you have two boats with tabs, both set up different.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am confused just from reading this post !!!
Old 06-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Thanks everyone. Good feedback. I understand now why it's wiring the way it is, but like Sydwayz said, It would just be easier for me to have them lined up physically. I don't have indicators, (buying that next), so it is all by feel for now.

Thanks again!
This is the bennett indicator that i have actually works real well, not as accurate as mechanical, but close.

TPI2000: Tab Position Indicator (TPI) Kit 12V & 24V
Price: $260.00

They also make one with built in switches, but if you already have tabs you may not want to switch them out.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

With rocker style trim switches, "rewiring" is not necessary. In most cases, you can simply remove the switch panel as an assembly, unscrew and rotate the desired switch(s), and/or swap the the same switch(s) from port to starboard/starboard to port. Usually there is plenty of under-dash wire loom length to allow this.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ed
With rocker style trim switches, "rewiring" is not necessary. In most cases, you can simply remove the switch panel as an assembly, unscrew and rotate the desired switch(s), and/or swap the the same switch(s) from port to starboard/starboard to port. Usually there is plenty of under-dash wire loom length to allow this.
I think I tried that with mine, but didnt have enough wire, or it was twisted or something, so I just moved the wires to different teminals til it worked the way I wanted it.