Crash Boxes ... Pros & Cons

Notices

Crash Boxes ... Pros & Cons

Old 06-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by saxman
didn't Jim Lee have some made by Big Yellow Cat/Tyson?
Yes we built some bad AZZ transmissions. SPEED SHIFT TRANSMISSIONS. I test what we build with a 46 skater with 1300 hp per side. Been there done that with Bam and SCS. I boat a lot and saw a need for Bad azz transmissions. I will have them in my boat FREEDOM US1 in jax and will race with them to BIMINI and back next weekend.

Last edited by FREEDOM US1; 06-03-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
I thought Jimmy & Tyson were doing the 2 speed 2000 hp transmissions but i may be wrong
You are right and we will be ready to release the first sets to whoever wants them after the jax poker run.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by E Dock DD
Jim and Tyson are doing the fine tuning on the 2 speed trannies in Freedom. I was in Freedom on Memorial Day weekend and they work great. Jim is very excited about them. They are just awesome around the docks with the lower gear. He is able to place that big Skater exactly where he wants too and if Jim can't break them, I do not think anyone will be able to. Talk to Jim about them and he can tell you exactly where they stand on them. I have been in Rare Breed's new ride with the crash boxes the last two weekends. They have not been a major problem, but you always have to plan ahead with them because it just takes longer to react when you have too.
Thanks Stan you are right!! We will let people know what we have during the JAX poker run. We have a winner!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 08:13 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Thanks BIG Daddy will give them a call this morn are the Coan the Kieth Eickert ones that were in Powerboat ???
If you want some transmissions that are proven to take the chit give me a call. Jim Lee 316 648 2414. You know how I run a 46 Skater!!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
Yes we built some bad AZZ transmissions. SPEED SHIFT TRANSMISSIONS. I test what we build with a 46 skater with 1300 hp per side. Been there done that with Bam and SCS. I boat a lot and saw a need for Bad azz transmissions. I will have them in my boat FREEDOM US1 in jax and will race with them to BIMINI and back next weekend.
Now, I'm wanting some BAD ASS transmissions!!!! will these be the ones??
Old 06-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by OU Want Some?!!
Now, I'm wanting some BAD ASS transmissions!!!! will these be the ones??
Dang right!!! We can look at your set up and fix you up! Love to have you as a customer. That's why we have been testing them so long. I will be selling them to my friends and wanted to work out any weak spots!!! Come to jax man!!! You don't need a boat.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
If you want some transmissions that are proven to take the chit give me a call. Jim Lee 316 648 2414. You know how I run a 46 Skater!!!!

Yo Big Daddy.

Did ya ever talk to Tyson on the overdrive deal?

Turbines and TwoSpeeds thats what I,m talking about
Old 09-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Registered

I always thought it would be a great idea to run two speed transmissions on any boat.

I looked at the transmissions on the Coan website and realized that they might be high performance powerglide transmissions adapted to fit marine applications.

Coan Marine Trans

Coan Extreme HP Powerglide

Stock Powerglide Case

If that is the basis of their two speed transmissions, Coan Engineering has hit on an excellent solution. Drag racers have been using Powerglides for 50 years and virtually bulletproof components have been developed. There have been custom shiftable transmissions out there, but nothing with the track record of the Powerglide.

I am sure they are not cheap, but by adapting the high horsepower powerglide for marine applications, they could put shiftable transmissions into the hands of a lot more performance boaters.

Last edited by Propster; 09-02-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:44 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Propster
I always thought it would be a great idea to run two speed transmissions on any boat.

I looked at the transmissions on the Coan website and realized that they might be high performance powerglide transmissions adapted to fit marine applications.

Coan Marine Trans

Coan Extreme HP Powerglide

Stock Powerglide Case

If that is the basis of their two speed transmissions, Coan Engineering has hit on an excellent solution. Drag racers have been using Powerglides for 50 years and virtually bulletproof components have been developed. There have been custom shiftable transmissions out there, but nothing with the track record of the Powerglide.

I am sure they are not cheap, but by adapting the high horsepower powerglide for marine applications, they could put shiftable transmissions into the hands of a lot more performance boaters.
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Old 03-31-2011, 09:45 AM
Registered

I never was a fan of automatics, wonder how them coans are working?
Doesnt take long to get used to shifting the boxes, just have to be ready on the starter-ignition switches!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.