Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anybody Run West 1/2 Lake Erie?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/21014-anybody-run-west-1-2-lake-erie.html)

Twin O/B Sonic 03-27-2002 08:21 AM

Anybody Run West 1/2 Lake Erie??

1 Attachment(s)
We usually run from the Marble Head area to Pelee Island/Leamington Ontario area.
Tired of waiting on our "cruiser" friends and or smooth water for them:mad:
Planning a 2 week trip late August up to Georgian Bay.
Also looking at some long weekend trips to Port Stanely Ontario.
I hear it's one of the few Lake Erie destinations with bars on the beach's:eek:
Sick of all the "Wally's" and the 5 milers "cruising" to Put in Bay and Kelly's Islands!
Like to hear from anyone running the North shore of Erie.
I know Pelee Is, and Leamington very well if anyone is interested in that area.
Also like to hear from anyone with experience at Port Stanley.
Thanx Guys!
Gary

Milord 03-27-2002 10:03 AM

Gary,

I'm mostly on St.Clair but I live closer to Erieau than St. Clair. Actually I'm only a 7 minute drive from Erie but Erieau is the closest ramp for me. I usually drop it in at Leamington when we head to PIB but plan on exploring Erie a little more this summer. Maybe we can hung up and run up to Port Stanley or something together.

LEOPAJM 03-27-2002 10:40 AM

... What' a "Wally" ????

Hey Gary .... cool boat !! Do you do any Poker runs ???

J.M.

BuzzinBye! 03-27-2002 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Sonic,
I've seen your boat at Put-in-Bay. Most of the LEOPA boat club is from Toledo, OH and Monroe, MI. We boat on western lake erie every weekend. Our club does about 6 runs a year including, 2 poker runs, Huron OH, Kelly's, Grand Bend, Tadsen Tea Party (mothers day at the bay). Plus we cruise to a lot of the Yacht Clubs in out area almost every weekend. We spend Friday Nights in downtown Toledo at "The Docks". There are a lot more things to do on this end of the lake than most people know. Our last poker run had 90 boats registered (all 24 foot and larger performance boats).

Dan

BuzzinBye! 03-27-2002 12:57 PM

As you can see there are plenty of performance boats in the area.

Dan

LEOPAJM 03-27-2002 01:01 PM

Are those "Wallys" ???

Strike 03-27-2002 01:19 PM

Any of you guys or gals coming to the Western New York Fun Run June 29th? Satisfaction and others are coming. You are not far away!

BuzzinBye! 03-27-2002 03:15 PM

I got a "wally" for ya JM!!!

No we won't be making that poker run because we will be heading to Port Huron the following week for 4th of July. Sound like a good run

Dan

Twin O/B Sonic 03-27-2002 03:54 PM

Milord and all you guys

1 Attachment(s)
Milord, Pirates weekend at Leamington, it ROCKS!!!
They do it two weekends now it got so big!
Our normal weekend is run to Pelee, get a dock, then run the rest of the way across to Leamington and hang there a while.
Point Pelee peninsula is BAD TO DAH BONE!!
Will meet you there anytime you want! Got wetaher'd in there for 3 days last Summer over the 4th of July weekend.
Stuck with my "Wally" friends. Two boats of us were heading for Lake Huron but got stuck baby sitting!!
Two of the boats decided to risk the run back home after missing two days work. They left in 8' waves, 40 MPH wind, rain and hail!! They made it to Pelee!!
We tried to convince them to wait and leave first thing the next morning.
After 3 days (mass amounts of alcohal!) we realized that it was glass smooth between about 7 and 8 AM.
We left the following morning at 7 AM and made the run from Leamington to Kelly's runnning about 60 - 65 the entire 30 miles.
Got to dock same time as our friends that got the **** beat out of them the night before!!
Have you seen the Ontario built Aluminum boat at Leamington that looks like a Fountain??
Oh yeah, definition of "Wally".
Some one who trailers there boat to Catawba State park (closest ramp to P.I.B.), un loads and runs the 5 miles to PIB for the weekend and then tells all of their friends that they are Lake Erie Boaters.
NOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
Had friends try and follow us one time that took two breaks making the 5 mile run to Kellies!!
That's a Wally!
And no to the Poker Runs.
So far been spending most weekends at dock at either Scudder Marina on North end of Pelee or at anchor on Fish Point.
Awesome beach, drops off quick allowing you to get within a few feet of the beach. Oh yeah, bon fires and more stars than you'l see anywhere.
Need to hook up with you LEOPA guys!!
Been meaning to hit Twooodlido by boat but never have.
And Milord, Port Stanley is about 95 miles straight East of Leamington. I would have to meet you there.
I am looking at leaving from the Vermilion River and heading accross. Looks like about 120 that way. Or out of sight of land for about 3 hrs:eek:
Thanx for the compliments on the boat too. Bought it 4 yrs ago in Syracuse and did a complete gut and refinish/power.
It's a blast to drive and has a great cabin for 24'.
Scream and Fly Offshore did a really nice article about it a while back. Think it may still be on that site.
Gary

checkmate zt 03-27-2002 07:37 PM

TOBS
Seen you or somebody towing that boat around Mansfeild or Galion,Looks good