Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What 30' cats with O/B's are available? >

What 30' cats with O/B's are available?

Notices

What 30' cats with O/B's are available?

Old 06-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What 30' cats with O/B's are available?

After spending an afternoon in the passenger seat of a 28 skater (thanks Jim), Ive been pokin around on the net look at what boats were available in O/B's. I loved the 28 Skater but would prefer a little bigger boat with more freeboard, even if it cost on top end.

What all boats are made in this size range with outboards?
Skater, Motion, Eliminator?

Must be a cat, must have twin O/B's, used and under $90k

Anything available?
Old 06-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spectre and AMT also
Old 06-03-2009, 03:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a 30 Motion with twin outboards and loved the boat. I sold the boat last summer about 2 months prior to the birth of my daughter. Hopefully in a year or so, I'll get another one.

The 30 Motion and 30 Spectre have similar rides and layouts. Not many creature comforts but they are a GREAT riding hull. Make sure you look into insurance first, as it can get expensive (I was paying close to $6K per year with a clean driving record and prior cat experience).

There is a 30 AMT on Ebay with twin 300X's that looks sweet - I think the asking price is around $75K. There is also a 30 Motion with triple 250XS motors with a starting bid and no reserve for around $50K. Both are nice looking boats. Also - I believe that Motion will build you a new one unrigged for mid to upper 60K's. I am partial to the Motion and Spectre hull since they are a true tunnel hull and do not have a center sponson. Eliminators are great boats but I don't believe they made a lot of 28's or 30's wtih outboards.

The 28 Skater will be faster than the Motion, Spectre or AMT, but the Motion, Spectre and AMT will be larger.

Also - don't know much about them, but I believe that Predator Powerboats has the molds to the AMT boat (Doug Wright design). Liberator also produces a 30 outboard but I doubt if you find one for under 90K.

Good luck - you'll love the ride of a cat...
Old 06-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dirt pretty much summed it up. The folks at Predator will probably be pretty aggressive from a pricing standpoint. The Liberator is beautiful and has tons of room, but probably in the neighborhood north of $150K. It's more of a luxo-cat. I really do like the looks and the interior layout.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

My buddy has a 96 32' Skater with twin 300 x's that he would let go. New paint in 2008 and the tanks were just redone.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Registered

Wildman has either a 28 or 30 eliminator that eddie young had just rerigged with 2 new 300xs's It is an older boat but it looks brand new. Everything on it is new, i believe he is asking 65K for it. It's a nice roomy cockpit and a pretty large cabin
Old 06-04-2009, 12:57 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Here's the 27 Eliminator. Had a $92,000 rerig last year. Everything is new. Very high freeboard and big cabin. Lots of pics here:
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...=eliminator+27

Here's my new 30 Liberator, but probably out of your price range. Brand new boat. You will absolutely not find another cat, even 40ft, with this much interior room. It also does not hop at any speed. More pics here:

http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...t=liberator+30

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by WILDMAN; 06-04-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:38 AM
Registered

You only live once go for the Liberator !!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,693 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Waterboy22,

Skater also makes a 30-footer and it is offered with outboard power. Powerboat tested a Skater 30 two or three years ago Sarasota, and I was lucky enough to be in the boat with John Tomlinson driving. Having not spent a lot of time in outboard-powered cats, I was blown away by the sensation of flight ... definitely more pronounced than it would have been in a 30-foot stern-drive-equipped cat. Amazing.

Of course, I'm sure the guy doing the driving didn't hurt.

Good luck in your search.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats a great looking blue and white eliminator! Ive got a few PM's on some deals. Apparently theres quite a few available that aren't listed anywhere. I just keep finding myself moving my price range up. Id love to have a 32 skater with O/B's but I cant find any, anywhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.