Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
FOUNTAIN SUCKS!!! can not believe this >

FOUNTAIN SUCKS!!! can not believe this

Notices

FOUNTAIN SUCKS!!! can not believe this

Old 06-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not Reg's biggest fan but I have to side with the factory on this one.

You bought it sight unseen, used, a demo (that should be your first red flag) and didn't check to see what the warranty was on the boat? Now the Fountain Factory is in the wrong?

Did you put a scan tool on the motors? You might have more surprises in store! Fix the small stuff and have someone spray the deck, move on and enjoy the boat. Educations cost money and you just paid for your.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Sake, You bought a 2 year old used boat....Martin at Fountain at least is trying to help you with idea to fix the cosmetics of the black gel and not ignore you. Warranties have there limits and why should Fountain fix the cosmetics of the black gel on a used boat?

On the other hand thank you for at least tell the truth finally. Your first post and saying Fountain sucks is way way out of line and you should retract this entire thread. You made a mistake but yet are trying to hurt the manufacture and not tell the whole truth from the start.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont recommend that he delete this thread, there is solid information here on what not to do, even when buying a year or 2 old boat, of any brand.

Just re-name the thread.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The boat was 1 year old when this started happening. Regardless if it was like that when he bought it or not the factory did an awful job making this boat. If their work can’t hold up 1 year and they are claiming "abuse" it’s an issue and that seems to be getting over looked here. They used the wrong materials and/or poor knowledge making their product.

I don’t really care about Sake - Sorry. But just don’t get why some people thinks is ok for a manufacture to walk away from bad work. If everyone had that attitude we would have some really crappy products out their.

Think about something similar to this happening to you car our house you just bought at one year old. I know most people would not take it lying down so I do not see why this situation would be any different.

Stand behind you work, or let everyone read about this crap you sold and make their judgements about your product.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:12 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So Fountain should fix these problems on a boat bought sight unseen? Sevaral here act like this boat left the factory in this condition with these problems. Since when should a builder be responsible for how a owner takes care of his boat? JUST MAYBE the original owner tore the chit out of it. Some guys can tear up more chit in 1 week than many do in several yrs. The items not working aren't made by Fountain. Sake had 'convienently' left out the large peice of the puzzle in his orignal post, and is now crying wolf. Next time, do your home work 1st.

What did the survey say you had done before you bought it? Let me guess......

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 06-17-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Registered

Sell it, buy a Skater and wave at Fountain owners when you pass them.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

not all skaters run that gooddont be hatn jus been in some poker runs and the 28 egg beater skaters dont seem that fast,so we wave at them when we pass them.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

My boat is a 2001 and is lift keep. But its looks and shines great. I'am happy with my fountain.And would buy another.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Black Gel Red Gel Blue Gel...if left out in the sun and not protected will oxidize/craze/haze. This is not a fault of any manufacture.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:03 AM
Registered

Von Bongo and Fever mike,

youre right about some things,

But,

I did not call the factory first i call my dealer he told me that there is a FULL WARRENTY on my boat.

now the next happens, my dealer steps out off buissnis the are gone, the dont awnser my call ore e mails.

THAT is the reason that i call fountain what would you do???

and the told me yes whe know the uk dealer is out!!
so my new contakt is than fountain.

You are right about buying a boat on the phone i wil never ever do that again, but i tought what can be wrong?? i saw the photos of the interior and that lookt new!! and that is new!

i saw the photos from the drive and steering lookt new!!
and that is new!!

i saw so manny photos from the boat and the all look new,

and i hafe to be honest the dealer was a great guy to talk with on the phone, so i saw no problems buying a boat that i did not see. so i wil take that stupide thing for my self!!!!!

I hafe great respeckt for Reggie Fountain i saw the home page 1000 times!! it was so cool that reggie stept in the screen and did his word about Fountain boats, i was in love with the fountain company and bought one!!

that was my 2 mistake

Regards Sake

Last edited by Sake; 06-18-2009 at 01:15 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.