Notices

martini???

Old 03-29-2002, 09:57 AM
Charter Member #1528

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did someone say Martini....? I need a double, a double cosmo please!
Old 03-29-2002, 09:24 PM
Kent Perroux

Mark,
Sorry I don't have an alignment tool for the Volvo. I am not sure how you could adjust the alignment on it the way the bellhousing bolts to the transom assy. Check with the guy that rebuilt your drive. I've done it on Bravos, but not the Volvo's.

Is your engine done? I'd like you to try my props before I decide to rehub then or sell them.

Kent

Old 03-29-2002, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd like to clear something up. Avenger is being built down here in
Miami and Marine Express is a distributor for them. I simply have them posted on my web site (Miamipowerboats.com). I am NOT the owner or builder of Avenger boats.

If anyone is looking for a solid boat at an affordable price then you should call Oscar at Marine Express 305-884-9959 and he
can give you more details.

25' V-Bottom 24 degree, Hull & Deck with 80 Gallon fuel tank
Cabin with built-in liner.... $ 12,000 Ready for I/O

2002 - 25' "AVENGER" V-Bottom complete with Mercruiser 496
Mag & Bravo 1 drive - $ 42,000

Again if anyone is interested please call Oscar at Marine Express

Thanks
Angel Martinez
"Pantera24"
Attached Thumbnails martini???-wpe98960.jpg  
Old 03-29-2002, 10:52 PM
Whatdoin

That thing looks like a Pantera, what gives? Can ANYONE build there own boat anymore? In the old days, i am sure a narrow 7' beam was the way to go, in this day, the wider beam is in demand, seems like people want as much room as possible. But WHATEVER, why does this boat look EXACTLY like the Pantera? I don't think I like these "SPLASHERS"!

Old 03-29-2002, 10:58 PM
Registered

Whatdoin,

There have been many builders that have boats that "look" like Pantera and vice versa. Examples are Martini, Excalibur, Jaws, P&D, Corsa, Superboat etc..

Pantera24
Old 03-29-2002, 11:08 PM
Whatdoin

as well as Twister, Apache, and others...still, I do not think it's right to SPLASH!

Old 03-29-2002, 11:21 PM
Registered

I don't disagree with you.
Old 03-30-2002, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool martini???

I own the 77 Martini 7 Meter shown in the origional photo literature when they first began to market the boat. I have completely restored it and repowered it with my own version of a 540 Bulldog. Still using the TRS drive but have gone through it and had all important parts cryo-treated plus nosecone. Runs 80 on the GPS on the right day on 92 octane and I love it! BUT--- To get these results I had to flip the boat, remove the pronounced factory hook, cut in a 9 inch transom notch, and raise the X-dimension 2- 1/2 inches. Those old origional Martinis were kinda stone age tech, (no Kevlar and mold work was awfull by todays standards) but if you can stand wavy sides and want to do lots of work you can make the critter do a real number on a lot of the stuff Powerboat tests at 100K. Got some good pics of my boat flying if anyone is interested and I do give rides. I love to show her off. Jer
Old 03-30-2002, 02:13 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

JPClear, nice first post. I would be interested in riding in your boat as I have the last 10 years I have known you.
If you let me drive, I will promise not to lunch the engine again, seeing you are now using the required Inconel exhaust valves. To everyone else on the board, our new member, Jerry Clearman, is one of the most colorful characters I have met in my life.
He is a former marina owner, worked with the Switzer brothers in developing the first 17' Switzer jetdrive, and has raced a "Switzer Wing" in the Grand Island Marathon.
He also is one of the few people that has his own bridge crane in his lakeside speed shop.
A quote of Jerry's: You haven't lived until you've gone upside down and backwards at a 100mph. ( a testament to him blowing over a boat, that I believe,didn't even belong to him)
Welcome aboard, Jerry!
Old 03-30-2002, 04:20 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Jerry,

Welcome aboard!

Lets see some of those pics of that Martini.

Sounds like a sweet ride.

Pantera24

Quick Reply: martini???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.