Notices

Jacksonville Run

Old 06-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

and a boy got struck by lightning playing baseball and died yesturday,, Maybe he shouldn't play until he is a professional.. You dont need to attend a poker run to race.. Maybe we should not drive cars unless were professional driver. A person dies every 15 seconds in car..Wet Bikes,,Motor bikes I could go on forever.
Wait until Mr Obama wants to stop all fourms of racing or race hybrids only.. Poker Runs have a much more Bang for the Buck!! People of all income levels can enjoy the runs with family and friends,,and most runs give a large portion go to help non-profit charitable groups.
Better yet bring your race boat to a poker run and see how you enjoy it.. The Tic Faw 200 on a bad day will test more than your speed,,,Lake Pontchartrain has put many Race boats upside down!!
I for one do not want to live in a bubble!!!!

Originally Posted by DaveP
And this is what is wrong with people at poker runs today and why accidents happen.

I was first to the card stop, I was first to the bridge, blah blah blah...

Want to impress everyone? Go racing and see if you can beat John Tomlinson, Bob Teague and the professionals. Thats something to brag about.

And the accident that occurred today in Norway during a Poker Run is more evidence that racing has no place in poker runs....period!

http://www5.tranexp.com:2000/Transla...d%2F6595016%2F
Old 06-07-2009, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Guess again!
How far away from the bridge were you when you passed Pure Platinum (after he had problems)?

From what I seen, at the 5 mile mark (NAS JAX) from the start Pure Platinum was leading the pack by at least 1/4 mile. That's only 2-2.5 miles from there to the bridge.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JAXOUTLAW
How far away from the bridge were you when you passed Pure Platinum (after he had problems)?

From what I seen, at the 5 mile mark (NAS JAX) from the start Pure Platinum was leading the pack by at least 1/4 mile. That's only 2-2.5 miles from there to the bridge.
1/4 mile Now thats what i'm talkin bout Way to go Bill & James
Old 06-07-2009, 03:10 PM
AKA NORTECHJ
Gold Member

1st video 2 more to come...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KXpu...e=channel_page
Old 06-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by SCARABJ
Looks like the video says it all......PP was the "leader of the pack".....Gatorone that boat always looks great.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking good!! How fast were you running Scarabj? And did Gino came back?
Old 06-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Registered

A few pictures from Friday and Saturday are up on the Jacksonville Performance Boat Club Web site, more will be up later today...

www.jaxpbc.com
Old 06-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

A Skater leading the pack comes as no surprise.

Looks like it was a great time.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:07 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Sorry but it does not matter who was leading the pack if he had problems and didn't finish. It takes a lot of preparation and patience to keep your gear together to finish.

Congrats to the guy that got there first. That is a accomplishment no matter how you look at it.

I can't tell you how many times I have seen someone push hard to lead early then break and finish last. That goes for Races, Poker Runs, or drinking with your buddies. patience and preparation!!

Just my opinion

MP
Old 06-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Registered

QUOTE=DaveP;2882307]And this is what is wrong with people at poker runs today and why accidents happen.

I was first to the card stop, I was first to the bridge, blah blah blah...

Want to impress everyone? Go racing and see if you can beat John Tomlinson, Bob Teague and the professionals. Thats something to brag about.

And the accident that occurred today in Norway during a Poker Run is more evidence that racing has no place in poker runs....period!

http://www5.tranexp.com:2000/Transla...d%2F6595016%2F[/ You shouldnt mention those two guys together in the same breath JT has won alot more .....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.