Notices

Outerlimits rolled in Norway?

Old 06-11-2009, 06:09 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Huh?

How many have rolled at 130.....have you?

How many people have said you can't turn a stepped (Cig) at speed (even 45-ish) without flipping unless.....ahhh.....never mind.

Thank god I haven't. My bad dude, I'm out!
Old 06-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates on how everyone is doing?
Old 06-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Deleted

Last edited by Pro1; 06-11-2009 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Deleted
Old 06-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Registered

from another thread:

Yamaha 225
Registered

Gilbert 21 and Fountain 29 Fever twin Sunnyman has woke up from "coma" (don't know the english word for it) but is not able to talk etc. Only gives signs with hand movements etc to answer questions... this sucks guys, it really make me sad. The other (engine builder) is still in coma, we can only hope for the best. The others are ok with only broken rib bones, legs etc...

We pray for them, to surviwe.

Erik
Old 06-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sad to read about this, I hope all the owner and passengers recover, but their lives will never be the same.

Someone said Outerlimits makes you take a course within 90 days, is that from purchase or possession? If it's from purchase then it would often not be in your own boat, and if it is from possession a lot can happen in 90 days. As of 5/15 this boat had not been see trialed and was powered in Europe so how does this play into all of it. This was most likely the first poker run this boat had ever seen. Outerlimits, Nortech, Cig.,Skater, MTI, Donzi they all make good boats with lots of precautions but how does any manufacturer put enough safety precautions into something that can travel 100 plus miles an hour on water. Ms PatriYacht posting

Last edited by PatriYacht; 06-11-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rockstrmkr
from another thread:

Yamaha 225
Registered

Gilbert 21 and Fountain 29 Fever twin Sunnyman has woke up from "coma" (don't know the english word for it) but is not able to talk etc. Only gives signs with hand movements etc to answer questions... this sucks guys, it really make me sad. The other (engine builder) is still in coma, we can only hope for the best. The others are ok with only broken rib bones, legs etc...

We pray for them, to surviwe.

Erik
Yes we can pray for them. I will be stopping by the church later tonight and I will do just that. Include them in my prayers.
Ed
Old 06-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

they are all in our prayers...
Old 06-12-2009, 08:38 AM

First off I feel for everyone involved and pray for a quick recovery.
But I have to agree. A boat builder can build a boat that can run excess speeds and so can a car builder. It is the DRIVER that must know when, how and if conditions warrant the speed. When I ran the Sarasota Poker Run with Gene Weeks with the Donzi 38ZR with 700s, I knew the boats capabilitys, speeds and conditions. If I let my thrill of racing take over I would have taken the boat to 115 in 3 to 5s I have no fear and can handle a boat at those speeds. But I had 3 passengers in the back that one was from Mercury Racing, My wife that puts here trust in me, and a woman that Gene Weeks knows from the boating community. With all the boats running we watched some Yahoos flying with more air under them that was an accident waiting to happen. One guy in a cigarette actually lost his hatch!
With Conditions in hand we ran 95-100 sometimes less and sometimes more. But you can almost feel the boat getting harder to steer so you back off.
As far as a 95ft boat wave " How could you not see this" If the Nor-Tech on front of you went airborne its time to pull the throttles back and take the wave at the correct angle.
When we were in 1000 Islands in a didtance was a Tanker I knew what water that boat was pushing, I was running 90 and pulled back to 50 and let me tell you AIR was putting it mild, at 90 I would have lost the boat. Running anything at hi speeds takes skill, thought and respect. You can't point the finger at the manafacture unless it was a boat defect but Drivers error totally different. I pray for all involved.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Racer
Racer

If I were a manufacture that installed seat belts in a boat, I would also require a full time air systems.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Shanghied Again
First off I feel for everyone involved and pray for a quick recovery.
But I have to agree. A boat builder can build a boat that can run excess speeds and so can a car builder. It is the DRIVER that must know when, how and if conditions warrant the speed. When I ran the Sarasota Poker Run with Gene Weeks with the Donzi 38ZR with 700s, I knew the boats capabilitys, speeds and conditions. If I let my thrill of racing take over I would have taken the boat to 115 in 3 to 5s I have no fear and can handle a boat at those speeds. But I had 3 passengers in the back that one was from Mercury Racing, My wife that puts here trust in me, and a woman that Gene Weeks knows from the boating community. With all the boats running we watched some Yahoos flying with more air under them that was an accident waiting to happen. One guy in a cigarette actually lost his hatch!
With Conditions in hand we ran 95-100 sometimes less and sometimes more. But you can almost feel the boat getting harder to steer so you back off.
As far as a 95ft boat wave " How could you not see this" If the Nor-Tech on front of you went airborne its time to pull the throttles back and take the wave at the correct angle.
When we were in 1000 Islands in a didtance was a Tanker I knew what water that boat was pushing, I was running 90 and pulled back to 50 and let me tell you AIR was putting it mild, at 90 I would have lost the boat. Running anything at hi speeds takes skill, thought and respect. You can't point the finger at the manafacture unless it was a boat defect but Drivers error totally different. I pray for all involved.
Well said Frank!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.