Outerlimits rolled in Norway? >

Outerlimits rolled in Norway?

Notices

Outerlimits rolled in Norway?

Old 06-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Big difference in a boat that rolls at 130+ and a boat that can't turn at 45mph.
That's true!
Old 06-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smarty
but stand behind your product and responsible for the personal-injuy damage that is caused when it fails. That is what is required.
Hey, why not make this statement for ALL consumable goods then ? Actually, dont, because its a silly thought to begin with !

Kidding aside, think thru what you said. If that were to become the case, prices of boats would go thru the roof because of the additional liability insurance that all manufacturers would have to have in place for the morons that like to rely on placing blame everywhere other than on themselves when something happens.

You think a new Outerlimits is expensive now ? Prices would be so expensive, very very few would be able to buy them, even less than right now. You'd kill this sport quicker than the luxury tax almost did.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Registered

The way I see it, if people cannot learn some self control, poker runs will either be speed limited or non-existent. I own a 110mph boat and have yet to run over 100 during a poker run. Why, because I know the boat is fast and I do not want anyone getting hurt. I am not saying the driver was neglegent, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be his lawyer. If you really want to run that bad, buy a race boat and participate in a sactioned race.

Last edited by aTX427; 06-10-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie B.
Hey, why not make this statement for ALL consumable goods then ? Actually, dont, because its a silly thought to begin with !

Kidding aside, think thru what you said. If that were to become the case, prices of boats would go thru the roof because of the additional liability insurance that all manufacturers would have to have in place for the morons that like to rely on placing blame everywhere other than on themselves when something happens.

You think a new Outerlimits is expensive now ? Prices would be so expensive, very very few would be able to buy them, even less than right now. You'd kill this sport quicker than the luxury tax almost did.
I am an advocate for hot-rods, I race anyone I can when i out boating, read my earlier posts regarding feasibility (which I have deleted). I appreciate your opinion but cannot and will not enter into a legal debate/discussion any further on product liability, pm me with questions, it can be a complex area of law, which I do not practice, but have taken course(s) when I attended law school.

It is for all consumable goods already, go look at all the warnings signs on a typical 6' ladder (or any consumer good label, condoms included)

I wish you all the best, ....

Last edited by Smarty; 06-12-2009 at 10:25 PM. Reason: I have deleted most of posts on this subject, I pray for a recovery for the accident victims
Old 06-10-2009, 06:51 PM
NoQuarter

Originally Posted by Smarty
I knew the Outerlimits fan club would come out once I posted those comments. Again, I like Outerlimits. We cannot make everything perfectly safe. I said I would rather defend the accused, not respresent the plaintiff. If they sell 12 boats per year and have had x number of accidents, you do the math, take off the blinders.

Personal accountability - my friend took me on his fast boat, f*cked up , and now I am hurt for life, what do you think happens next. That is the world we live in; I will try to change it for the better (I have given up my practice of law as a criminal defense attorney due to moral ephiphany). I am not bashing Outerlimits, but the industry as whole, should try to improve, and I think it has. I will help anyone in any way I can, I will even pray for you if ask or need help, or are going through tough times.

Believe me, if you or your loved-one was hurt, injured, or charged with a crime, who would call for advice? A lawyer.

The corvette analogy - it is your choice who you sue as the driver, what about the passenger?

I have 718 posts since the inception of OSO (my join date is October 2000, but I was on OSO when it was a free for all), I try to be postitive, and if you do the math here I do not feel compelled to post about all subjects at a whim, this was on my mind. I see pleasure boating changing. The time is coming when we will be legislated with speeds zones, because some lawmaker will see a catastrophic accident as his way to pass a bill and gain noteriety for re-election. I do not want to see a law like this and I will advocate against such a bill. But in order to advocate, the statistics will need to be the performance boating industries favor, and the measures of safety. Safe baoting schools I think are a great place to begin.

I do know a little about boats, not as much as Tx2, but a little.

I am done with this subject, sorry if I offended anyone. Happy & safe boating to all.
Well said.

These boats and speeds are Way out of my league, but I too fear legislation... and solely for the reason you stated.

Here in Minnesota, we have some of the toughest noise restrictions, and while this thread focuses on speed and a terrible accident, I am working to get my boat quieter, below the radar - nothing to attract the Wrong attention. Legislation is inevitable. I am just trying to do anything to stave it off another season.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Well said.

These boats and speeds are Way out of my league, but I too fear legislation... and solely for the reason you stated.

Here in Minnesota, we have some of the toughest noise restrictions, and while this thread focuses on speed and a terrible accident, I am working to get my boat quieter, below the radar - nothing to attract the Wrong attention. Legislation is inevitable. I am just trying to do anything to stave it off another season.
Thank you. Quieter, is a good point, the Phantom has silent choice. Before my father passed away he feared getting noise tickets, and wanted to stay under the radar just like you indicated, so he went with the silent choice, which helps.

I do not foresee myself being in a position to afford one of these 130+ mph boats (new one) of greater than 32' in length in the near future either. I am regular just trying to enjoy boating. But we can all dream, I have Skater dream....32' or 36' would be just fine!
Old 06-10-2009, 08:43 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Well said.

82 db limit is rediculous. A walk behind lawn mower is louder.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by saxman
82 db limit is rediculous. A walk behind lawn mower is louder.
You can thank the PWC crowd for the noise control sanctions. Our boats can be load but at dusk are engines are usually turned off, some of those PWC users where just going ape sh*t at all hours. People got tired of hearing that weed-wacker on the water, so here comes the legislation, which now is equally applied to all but hurts performance boats significantly. The politicians....
Old 06-10-2009, 09:41 PM
Registered

Know the limits of your boat...I do.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BLee
Is there?

Tell us about your experience at those speeds.....
Huh?

How many have rolled at 130.....have you?

How many people have said you can't turn a stepped (Cig) at speed (even 45-ish) without flipping unless.....ahhh.....never mind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.