Notices

Blower question

Old 06-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blue thunder
You need to run less total timing so look for a tbolt v-6 module with only 14* total advance. You stock v-8 module will probably have 24* which puts your idle timing to low. Set the total at 30* and you will be close to good.

When I did my upgrades one problem I missed was the pulley ratios. I needed to change the water pump pulley to a different size to match the new v-groove/rib combo blower pulley. I kept thowing belts and replaced everything on the front of the engine before it dawned on me the problem.
Thanks for the suggestion. the guy I got the blower from was having problems tossing the belt due to pulley alignment and he had to have the crankshaft spacer turned down just a bit. I am hoping I get lucky and have good belt alignment from the get go ( lol what are those chances!)

I appreciate all the advice, I dont know alot about the thunderbolt so that helps out a ton!
Old 06-12-2009, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wasn't throwing the blower pulley, it was the circulating pump, alternator and power steering belts that were the problem. Good luck with the install. I gained nearly 10mph with the addition of my 177s.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stainless Marine makes a thermostat housing for use with the 177 blower. Like everything Stainless makes, it's beautiful and ex$pensive.