Notices

Nice new yacht!

Old 06-13-2009, 04:27 PM
LZH
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zimm1978
i'm sure glad i dont have to worry about needing bullet proof glass and missle guidance systems to enjoy my life..............
+1....no amount of money is worth losing your anonymity.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm sure glad i dont have to worry about needing bullet proof glass and missle guidance systems to enjoy my life..............
Those systems are for when he goes varmint hunting off the coast of Somalia
Old 06-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Banned

He didn't get all those rubles by being Mr. Nice Guy. He's got more than one scalp hanging in his teepee that's for sure.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 2,950 Likes on 978 Posts

He does however need a new watch...The casio/seiko/POS he's wearing needs a serious upgrading.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by johnny g
Incredible! What a rags to riches story. Thanks for posting, I wanna learn more about this guy. I love to learn about driven individuals.
Are you kidding? Go look up Oligarch.. He didnt work for his money, he took it from the people.. like the Obama administration is doing to us !!
Old 06-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Registered

A real POS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Abramovich
Old 06-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Are you kidding? Go look up Oligarch.. He didnt work for his money, he took it from the people.. like the Obama administration is doing to us !!
Sounds to me, from the read, he's just like ANY large corporate driven individual. A mix of Morally compromised, right place at the right time, aligning yourself with the right people, taking chances, bribing the right people, getting a little dirty and most importantly being driven to make money almost to a fault.

"Mr Abramovich began his business career selling plastic ducks from a Moscow apartment, but within a few years his wealth spread from oil conglomerates to pig farms"

The quote from a great movie rings true....In harsh cogny british accent..."so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm turkish"....

Last edited by thisistank; 06-14-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy chit, thats just not fair..

John jr
Old 06-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts

He doesn't own that boat.....the boat owns him!

That thing is definitely more hassle than it ever could be worth. Once I read about the bulletproof glass/ missile defense system any fantasies of parties/fun/strippers etc were over. That boat can't even cruise many places in FL/Bahamas with that kind of draft requirements.

I suspect Clay will have more action aboard his 31 this summer than this guy will have the whole time he owns that boat!
Old 06-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
He doesn't own that boat.....the boat owns him!

That thing is definitely more hassle than it ever could be worth. Once I read about the bulletproof glass/ missile defense system any fantasies of parties/fun/strippers etc were over. That boat can't even cruise many places in FL/Bahamas with that kind of draft requirements.

I suspect Clay will have more action aboard his 31 this summer than this guy will have the whole time he owns that boat!
Ha! I'd take the headache....Its all relative. When youre one of the richest people in the world (billionaire), having what we percieve to be high over head is just status quo for him. And in regards to shallow ports. Anywhere the cruise ships go, he can get permission to dock there. Or the other alternative is to anchor outside and run the 45' dingy or helicopter in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.