Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Things have changed around here!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/21115-things-have-changed-around-here.html)

Cutwater 03-28-2002 03:40 PM

Things have changed around here!!

I've been off the board for the last 5 months or so, been busy as ____. Things are really different here than the last time I was on the board!! LOOKS GOOD!!
Speaking of things looking different.............I took a new job in Western Kentucky (Paducah area). Moved here in November, (from Southern Calif.) my wife joined me late December, and we are still adjusting. I think my wife needs to loose a tooth or two and gain 50 or so pounds before she will really fit in, I've gotten good at saying things like 'fixin', 'yall' and 'he needed killin', so I seem to get along pretty good.

Happy to be back, will try to pay more attention to the important stuff (OSO Board).

skygod 03-28-2002 03:51 PM

Talk about system shock!

Indy 03-28-2002 04:19 PM

Re: Things have changed around here!!

Quote:
"I think my wife needs to loose a tooth or two and gain 50 or so pounds before she will really fit in, "

ROFLMAO:D :D :D

FunHome 03-28-2002 04:45 PM

Re: Things have changed around here!!

Originally posted by Cutwater
[Western Kentucky (Paducah area). ]
I have driven through that area and is seems pretty neet! The river down town seems cool and I bet there is awsome boating around there!!

D_Casten 03-28-2002 04:50 PM

Ben thru dem part myself, day aint much inta book learnin’

mama tryed 03-28-2002 08:27 PM

:D OK CUTWATER, now you know its not that bad here!!! Yea ,theres probably not a lot of Surfing, that goes on here or Wild-fires burning thousands of acres, or Earthquakes once a day.
As soon as it warms up, and we get you out on the lake, and get you familer with all the people and places on the Lake, you will wish you would have moved here, years ago!!!!!! :D
there are several members ,on this board ,that live in paducah.
I live down in Murray. I would be glad to show you around any time you wish.. We usually put in at Ky. dam or the Moors.. just let me know!!!
I lived in Ramona and Del-Mar for a while, so I know the culture shock your going through.. Its a much slower pace around here , but we love it that way!!!! hell, we even got touch tone phones here , a couple months ago :D :D :D

BatGirl 03-28-2002 09:20 PM

Lexington and Louisville are fun, and the countryside in Kentucky is Gods Country, But I am not sure I could live there all the time, but I have sure had fun there! Yes, and I am thin with teeth:D :D
The best thing is the Derby is just around the corner! Can't hardly wait.:eek:

PS. They make good moonshine when you get out in the sticks!:eek:

RiverGirl 03-28-2002 09:45 PM

Hey welcome back!!

boy, it sounds like a real "change of pace" will be in your life style. I hope the move is well worth it.
Yeah, the board has taken its share of changing it's pace as well. It seems the oso boys are making changes to keep up w/ the many new family members..

what you've missed...?

Alot of "heated" topics in general.
Alot of "grade school"... you did, no you did ... pointing the finger at one another .. action.!!
Alot of heated complaining of the new board.

but...most of all we are still the same ol dysfunctional F-A-M-I-L-Y!
..now we just have a larger family to fight with!

make sure you take some time (unlike some of us..too busy complaining!) and check out all the new and fun features.

-photo gallery
-calender. personal & public one ... for events and such that you can post.
- the options in the personal profile section.
- at the bottom of the board when you enter....somewhere it lists the birthdays of the day. so make sure you put the date in your profile.

there is so much I have found..check it out!
:rolleyes:
go to the FAQ's link. I know that helped me out a bit, when trying to learn all the new goodies the boys at OSO provided for us to play with!

we asked for it and received it, now we should play with it!!

have fun!!

welcome back!!;) :D :p

RG

mama tryed 03-29-2002 10:07 PM

:D Damn-it Man , you even got the Bat-Babe to post on your thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

BatGirl 03-29-2002 11:05 PM

Mama tryed, I have not been posting, I just got back from a week of fun in Vegas, So Cal, and Arizona.:cool: :cool:
I am back for a little while and I am catchin up to you in posts!:eek: :eek:

mama tryed 03-31-2002 08:47 AM

:D :D :D :D :D :D

hoghead 03-31-2002 10:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Cutwater.... I moved to Paducah about a year ago. Ky Lake and Barkley are great lakes to boat on and there is a Poker run in late June thats awesome. If you're looking for something to do, I need some help installing my new swim platform:p ....tough to do all by yerself! Give me a holler when ya get out on the lake....here's what I look like:D :D

Crazyhorse 03-31-2002 11:42 AM

Indy, y'all git along more better if'n you's tellin' folks yer wife be yer sister too. Got's to go shoot ma dinner. See y'all.

birdog 03-31-2002 01:11 PM

Been working in Rabbithash Ky. the last 4 weeks !!! I know what cha mean !!1 Teeth are an option.......By the way you know why O.J. Simson is moving to Ky. ?................They all have the same D.N.A. !!!!!!!!!!! I dont tell that one down there !!!!!!:eek:

mama tryed 04-01-2002 06:55 AM

It looks like, once again, Jelousy has reared its ugly head!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

Where are you at Cutwater?????

Cutwater 04-01-2002 12:30 PM

I LOVE THIS SITE!!!
It was tough being away from it for so long.

SKYGOD..... You ain't kiddin (just learnin' to say that)

FUNHOME.... Good to hear from you again. Did you ever sell your boat? You're right, there is some awsome boating here! Looking foward to going down the Cumberland River from Lake Barkley to Nashville soon. (About 120 miles by road)

D_CASTEN.... fire!!

MAMA TRIED.... You're right, no earthquakes of range fires. So far, we really like the area. Very pretty. We are in Calvert City, about 4 miles from Kentucky Dam. There is a launch ramp for the river about a mile from my condo. Lots to learn!!! I would really like to get with you and the board members of this area to learn the lakes. Thank You.....I'll be in touch later in the month.

BAT GIRL .... Havn't had a chance to make Lexington or Louisville yet. Visited Nashville and Memphis a couple of times, FUN, FUN, FUN!! Not sure if we will make the Derby this year, real busy at work

RIVERGIRL .... You Bet!! A real change of pace!!
Thank you for filling me in on all that I had missed........kinda' sounds like the same ol' board with a face lift! I have not had the time to look into the new features on the site other than a quick surf. Will do more soon as I can. Thank You again!

FEVER MIKE.... Sorry to hear you didn't like Nashville. Only been there a time or two, but have enjoyed it so far. I have been following a lot of the Civil War history around there.

HOGHEAD .... Love the picture, man!!! Give me the name of your dentist!! The Poker run sound like fun!! Will try to get the time off! Need more info! I would be happy to help you with your swimstep. Give me a call (270) 395-8740 (Ask for Roger). I'll be in Jacksonville (Fla) all next week, but should be free after that.

CRAZYHORSE.... Just use road kill, we do! Saves the ammo!

BIRDOG.... No kiddin on the optional teeth!!! The tell me O.J. would have a tough time in this county..........lots of KKK around here (so they tell me) Hell, I'm afraid to say we are from California in some circles!!

Thanks again everyone................Missed the board, glad to be back!!

Roger

Cutwater 04-02-2002 09:42 AM

MAMA TRIED......... We're in Calvert City for now. Rented a little duplex about 200 yards from the RR tracks (didn't see them when I rented it!) Not sure if we will stay here long, been looking at rentals in Riedland, Paducah and Possum Trot. So far, I vote for Possum Trot, just caus' I love that name ..................

So, Where do you live? Oh, we just moved to POSSUM TROT, KENTUCKY! :D Ya gotta' love it!!!

Roger

hoghead 04-02-2002 06:33 PM

Cutwater, you're not far from me. I live in Reidland off Old Benton Rd. on Fantacy Ln. You should see the boat in the driveway. I'm the only one in the subdivisn with one. I like to fire it up all the time and the neighbors think I'm crazy. Stop by sometime. I will be taking the boat to Nashville Tn this weekend...I'm having carpet made for the cockpit and cabin.
I havent got the swim platform in yet, but I'll hold you to the offer to help:D
I've got info for the poker run I can pass along when I get back into town or you can go to www.midamericanboating.com and get registration forms there.

Boating Fool 04-02-2002 09:16 PM

Welcome to the area!!!

Cutwater-glad to see another KY lake person on the board. My dad is retired and now lives at Moors. This is our second place down there (1st was Barkley back in the 80s). I currently live and work in So. IN (about a 2 hr drive down), but during the summer I am down at my dads every weekend. You will find this summer that the lake has a lot to offer. You have the quarry (our party cove), Fat Daddies and Eagles Nest in TN (about an hr boat ride) and buds beach (one of the few sand beaches). You are more than welcome to run with us sometime and learn where some of the places are! We are always looking for more people to boat with. Usually run to TN about once a weekend.

As a matter of fact, a bunch of us may be out Saturday - leaving from Moors.

cdaniel525 04-02-2002 09:33 PM

Cutwater , check out BIG APPLE CAFE in MURRAY, KY. It,s my brothers place.Tell him Roger sent you. Good food & drinks. I,m sure he will see you enjoy yourself.Also has bands several nites.

mama tryed 04-03-2002 06:32 AM

Hey Roger, you are right!! The Apple is a great time!!! Have you been down, since Murray has "GONE WET"? Wow what a change.. and man do we like it!!!!
Your bro. is a Nut!! he said you used to beat him up all the time :D :D :D

Cut water ; We may try to hit the water this Sat. if your not busy!!! you can call me at work 800-231-2295 ext.129 for any info.

Boating Fool 04-03-2002 07:12 AM

Hey Mama

It keeps looking better and better as we get closer to Saturday. Now calling for 65 and the lake to be at 357. At that level would we be able to put in at Moors. We have been putting in at Big Bear with out a problem. Other than I have to drive back around with the trailer to Moors to get picked up. The dock there is too shallow to get to.

Cutwater 04-03-2002 11:34 AM

Thanks for the info and invites!! Don't think we will be able to get out this weekend, the boat is still winterized, and I have to leave Sunday morning for Jacksonville (FLA) for a week of training. (work, work, work........). I will spend a little time saturday on my new bike. Just bought a Harley wantabe (Honda Saber). I may try to ride down to the Moors to see you guys off! Anyway, Have a great time, Keep the tabs up and the drives out!!

Roger:cool:

BoatChic 04-03-2002 01:41 PM

Anyone attending KY Derby this year? 1st weekend in May.

Cutwater 04-03-2002 02:04 PM

Boatchic.... Wish we could, but looks like it's going to be a working weekend for me. We will be commissioning our new power plant in May and will try to be commercial by June. Lots of work to do........................... (work, work, work.......sigh)

Roger:cool:

cdaniel525 04-04-2002 12:18 AM

MAMA TRYED Tell Robert to join OSO maybe we can get him to juice up his outboard on his pontoon boat LOL. I havent been down there in a while but want to go soon maybe he will take out to see KY. Lake. i understand it,s really nice. tell him i said hello.