Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   HUGE thanks to Sean Stinson and the Geiko team! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/211218-huge-thanks-sean-stinson-geiko-team.html)

LubeJobs42 06-17-2009 10:16 PM

HUGE thanks to Sean Stinson and the Geiko team!

I again want to thank these guys for going to rescue the Mercedes boat from Bimini. We broke a fitting and had to leave the boat there during the Bimini race. I had no idea how much was involved towing the boat out once it reaches land. They went over 6 am Sunday morning and got back 5:15Sunday night.

That was one long ride at 9 mph! I can't thank you guys enough!

It's incredible how many people there are that are willing to help.

PhantomChaos 06-18-2009 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by daredevil (Post 2891045)
WOW,,9 MPH. lol, i bet Sean is used to go a little faster ......but he is a great guy for shure !!!!!!!!!!

Glad u got her back Gino.

Not really.......Sean has broken many a boat. :D

Payton 06-18-2009 05:59 AM

Wow, that's a long trip. Must've been some Crown Royal involved.

that's great guys. Nice job.

sean stinson 06-18-2009 08:11 AM

Gino

It was my pleasure....if you need anything in the future pleasse feel free to call!!!!

Guys look let me tell you about a 9 hour ride with nothing to do.....I have come up with every possible solution to save the world, save the whales, end world hunger, and save the red light districts of the world.....you name it and I thought about it that day!!!!

Quick story.....out in the middle of the gulf stream you have no cell service, PERIOD! So at one point about 40 miles off the coast, Bruce and Greg of Geico and myself decided to part company for awhile so they could do what they had to, to get Scotty and Marc ready for the race. As they left I said throw me that fishing rod....So picture this I am idling along standing on the back of the boat fishing and I think to myself what in the the he!! an I going to do if I catch a fish no gaff, no net and really don't want a fish in Gino's boat to begin with.....so then I said to myself watch me catch a phucking marlin and it will pull me off the back of the boat and I will be swimming after the boat to catch it....not a good idea so that was the end of fishing for the day!!! The rest of you can picture that sight or visual in your head as you finish the rest of your work days!!!!

The Illustrious One

ScottB 06-18-2009 08:13 AM

Gino, We send our rescue boat all the way to Bimini with our crew, the least you can do is spell GEICO correctlly :lolhit:
Your welcome buddy, we're happy to help out

sean stinson 06-18-2009 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos (Post 2891093)
Not really.......Sean has broken many a boat. :D

:lolhit::lolhit::lolhit::lolhit:

Dock Holiday 06-18-2009 08:20 AM

9 Hours!

That's Crazy

You may have a record long idle there my friend.

I think I would have tried to fix the fitting and drive her back.

Nice job

Give everyone here your cell number so we will know who to call if we break!:kiss:

The Wizard 06-18-2009 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 (Post 2891032)
I again want to thank these guys for going to rescue the Mercedes boat from Bimini. We broke a fitting and had to leave the boat there during the Bimini race. I had no idea how much was involved towing the boat out once it reaches land. They went over 6 am Sunday morning and got back 5:15Sunday night.

That was one long ride at 9 mph! I can't thank you guys enough!

It's incredible how many people there are that are willing to help.

I heard Pyburn got back at 5:00...lol couldnt resist Gino. Sorry to hear about your misfortune...

TOASTY 06-18-2009 09:15 AM

i hear sean is stand up!
why couldnt you bring the fittings and repair, then drive back?
i am sure you guys all thought of the solutions tho.