Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos >

Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos

Notices

Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos

Old 04-15-2009, 07:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos

Last year it was Cancun and now it's time for something a bit different and hopefully more relaxing. For months now I have been planning a trip down into the Caribbean with Team PREDATOR and it is now time to get started. Part 1 will take us from Ft. Lauderdale to Paradise Island (Nassau) in the Bahamas for a few days, then down to Georgetown, in the Exumas and from there to the Turks and Caicos. That distance is about 600 miles. Once there we will put the boat away for 7 - 10 days, take a break and fly home.

If that goes well, the plan (Part 2) is to return and continue on to the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Island and finally the British Virgin Islands. That is another approximate 600 miles and I expect will be much more difficult than the Bahamas with some ocean going.

Once in the BVI, we will leave Team PREDATOR there for most of the month of May and explore the Islands and possibly beyond. All being well, we hope to join our offshore friends in the BVI for their annual Memorial Day Poker Run. After that, I expect we will then head back to Florida as my insurance company wants us out of there by early June.

This whole trip and the idea of doing the BVI poker run was inspired by OSO EXPAT with his thread on their poker run last year. I've had several conversations with EXPAT ( David) , as well as Brad Schoenwald and others who have been a great help and inspiration. The waters are incredibly beautiful and perhaps I can share with you pictures and experiences of our adventure. I expect my postings may be somewhat sporadic, as I'm unsure just how good the internet connections will be along the way.

Again, I will take “SPOT” along with us and you can follow our travels by clicking on this link: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...914DBgj39xjKD2

DUX will also tag along for exploring etc.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-3412894979_b552e19cb9.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 04-16-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a great trip!!! Good luck!! HAVE FUN!!!
Old 04-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like fun Bob, keep us updated.

Rick
Old 04-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

be careful can you bring your gun to protect you from pirates heard that is happening down there to, have fun guys
Old 04-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Good luck Bob, and be safe.

If you need a navigator,,,, call . hmmm,, well.. not me.. I get lost in my back yard. but if you need an anchor boy,, or just some one to "tag" along.. I'm in.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

The Exumas are some of the most beautiful boating I have ever experienced!!!! We actually have some property we purchased a few years ago on tropic of cancer beach on Little Exuma.

When you get there be sure to have some kaliks at Chat N Chill (the chat is free but you have to pay for the chill).

Not sure where you are staying in Georgetown but there are Transient slips @ Sams (Diesel as well) and you can walk right over and stay at the Peace and Plenty. Up island @ Emerald bay you are kind of in tourist land not nearly as fun as staying in georgetown.

Have fun and take lot of pics. Maybe you can get one of those tracking devices like GLH has on the Mut so we can track you.

Oh yeah, Regatta is coming up so hopefully you can be there for the biggest party of the year http://www.nationalfamilyislandregat...les&Itemid=103

Oh yeah, I'm very Jealous!!

Last edited by baywatch; 04-15-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wow, Awsome experience. I second the gun Comment. Good luck.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:52 PM
Registered

Good luck ! Sounds like an awesome adventure!
Old 04-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

that sounds like it will be an amazing trip! good luck, and if you need any crew, I would be more then happy to make that trip!
Old 04-15-2009, 09:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by baywatch
The Exumas are some of the most beautiful boating I have ever experienced!!!! We actually have some property we purchased a few years ago on tropic of cancer beach on Little Exuma.

When you get there be sure to have some kaliks at Chat N Chill (the chat is free but you have to pay for the chill).

Not sure where you are staying in Georgetown but there are Transient slips @ Sams (Diesel as well) and you can walk right over and stay at the Peace and Plenty. Up island @ Emerald bay you are kind of in tourist land not nearly as fun as staying in georgetown.

Have fun and take lot of pics. Maybe you can get one of those tracking devices like GLH has on the Mut so we can track you.

Oh yeah, Regatta is coming up so hopefully you can be there for the biggest party of the year http://www.nationalfamilyislandregat...les&Itemid=103

Oh yeah, I'm very Jealous!!
Thanks, that was helpful. Nothing like "local Knowledge." I read about the "Regatta" in a cruising guide. Sounds like a party alright.

I have the "Spot" tracking devise that GLH has and it worked great on the run to Cancun last June. A link is posted now at the end of post #1 so should maybe show our location tomorrow. I may see GLH at the Atlantis on Friday.

Bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.