Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Is anyone from Louisville Ky??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/211505-anyone-louisville-ky.html)

show-n-go h2o 06-22-2009 10:23 AM

Is anyone from Louisville Ky???

I am going to take a trip down river this weekend and i need the name of the marina right by the bar district. I have never been down there but from what i understand it's within walking distance to the bar district and there is a hotel close by...

Gunrunner72 06-22-2009 12:52 PM

I'm from Westport, about 18 miles up-river from the 'ville. Are you talking about the one at "Waterfront Park"?

show-n-go h2o 06-22-2009 04:00 PM

Im not sure, the people that told me about it called it a public landing, they said i could dock there for the night and get a room at the Galt House hotel and be right in the bar district. Any help would be great, i would hate to get there and not be able to dock close to where we want to go.

SkiDoc 06-22-2009 04:59 PM

I believe you are talking about waterfront park. It is on the wharf right upriver from where they dock the Belle of Louisville. There are approximately 10 or so spaces that are really nice. From there you are close to everything, the ball park, Galt House Hotel, Joe's Crab Shack. It would be a great trip, can't tell you if you can reserve a space. The park is beautiful.

Rcrapsey 06-22-2009 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by show-n-go h2o (Post 2894366)
Im not sure, the people that told me about it called it a public landing, they said i could dock there for the night and get a room at the Galt House hotel and be right in the bar district. Any help would be great, i would hate to get there and not be able to dock close to where we want to go.

Hope the river clears up for your trip

show-n-go h2o 06-23-2009 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Rcrapsey (Post 2894616)
Hope the river clears up for your trip

I wasn't out this past weekend but i have to drive over it everyday, it didn't look to be that bad. We went out a couple weeks ago and although it wasn't that messy the current was running so strong we had a heck of a time getting back on our trailer at Smitt field.

If there's to much floating then we will be forced to cancel our trip, it's not worth a Herring or skeg to do the trip..

Thank for the input guy's..
is there a bar that is a "must visit" while we are there?

ZXXX Donzi 06-23-2009 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by show-n-go h2o (Post 2895205)
I wasn't out this past weekend but i have to drive over it everyday, it didn't look to be that bad. We went out a couple weeks ago and although it wasn't that messy the current was running so strong we had a heck of a time getting back on our trailer at Smitt field.

If there's to much floating then we will be forced to cancel our trip, it's not worth a Herring or skag to do the trip..

Thank for the input guy's..
is there a bar that is a "must visit" while we are there?

Go to 4th Street Live. You will have your pick. It has been quite some time since I have lived there but it was pretty happening back then.

show-n-go h2o 06-24-2009 12:10 PM

Thank you, i sure hope the river clears up by then..

jdub 06-26-2009 09:18 AM

Any of you guys know Shawn Waddle?