Newport Beach 6/28 water conditions/SCOPE boats

Notices

Newport Beach 6/28 water conditions/SCOPE boats

Old 07-01-2009, 02:02 PM
LZH
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Michael Garibay
Does Lu Lyall or the guy who owns the "Fossile Fuel" Formula happen to be here on OSO? I was wondering if ou guys could comment. Also I heard that the waves were 8'-8.5' Sunday. My Matco tool rep said his friend went to Catalina in a 31' Scarab Sunday.
I was on the beach in Malibu all day Sun and the conditions looked to be the same as the day before when I was on he water. I guarantee you there was nothng close to 8 footers out there Sun - but, its understandable how someone in a 31' Scarab could confuse a 3 footer with an 8 footer

Hopefully it lays down nicely this weekend...I'm planning on anchoring in front of Malibu Beach or Paradise cove Sat and Sun.

Last edited by LZH; 07-01-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where is paradise cove? is it a popular cove?
Old 07-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the help guys. Maybe next year I will pull the trigger and rejoin Scope (Was a member in 2002). It would be nice to join a few other boats on a trip out to Catalina. It was definatly not 3' ers. I didn't check myself. I really don't know if a Formula, Cigarette or Scarab do any better in that s*it than one another. I just wasn't into torchering my boat, passengers or self on Sunday. 