95.3 MPH On GPS First Sea Trial !!! 35 Survivor

Notices

95.3 MPH On GPS First Sea Trial !!! 35 Survivor

Old 03-29-2002, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 95.3 MPH On GPS First Sea Trial !!! 35 Survivor

Hey guys,

I just got back from running our new 35 Survivor on its first run.All I can say it survived!!! I got on a GPS in the bay in flat water with 85 degree weather spinning 4 blade Bravo 1 props at 5300 rpm 95.3 MPH.I feel we can still get 2-3 more MPH out of it.We built this 35 for Mike and Art Girard which raced the Sloppy Joes,and Airborne superboats.what I am more pleased is that this first 35 Survivor is a non stepped version.We will also be offering this model with double steps.This 35 has twin 588 CI 650 HP motors with CMI exhaust and Imco Bravo 1 Drives.We did a custom made 6 man bolster with a sun pad for Poker runs.I will post photos on my site and Offshore only in the coming days.Regards, Jo - Pantera Boats
Old 03-29-2002, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, Jo. We've been cheering for you guys. These results sound great. Keep up the good work, and keep us all posted.

Randy Taylor
Old 03-30-2002, 12:01 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Congrats Jo !!!

I'm really anxious to see the stepped version run. Good luck with it!
Old 03-30-2002, 12:14 AM
JGB
Registered

Thumbs up

CONGRATS TO JO AND THE ENTIRE PANTERA TEAM!

sounds like the new boat ran exceptionally well. keep us posted on the 35 w/500s. i myself would like to be kept abrest of the 35 w/500s non-stepped.

Congrats again!
Old 03-30-2002, 12:26 AM
Registered

congrats guys them are some pretty damn good numbers sounds like a great boat. send us some pics Jo.
Old 03-30-2002, 01:23 AM
Registered

Sweeeeet!

Way to go JO, Pepe, Linda, and all the Pantera crew! Can't wait to see the twin step.....I want a couple cut in my 28!
Old 03-30-2002, 12:47 PM
Luxy60

Sounds awesome! Sure would be great to blast around Falmouth habor/bay in one! Any introductory deals available??!!

Old 03-30-2002, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys,

This first 35 Survivor has a custom made 6 man bolster with our new engine hatch with a custom sun pad ,Pantera embroidery,and naca ducts for engine ventilation.I have not had a chance to weigh this boat but my dads and I guess in the 8.000 lb. range.I am happy with this speed since I know I can squeeze a few more MPH out of it playing with props and a few small changes I want to try.The conditions in the bay were dead flat with 88 degrees out with humidity.In a 2 foot chop it will also help pick it up and increase the speed.The motors are 588 CI expert built engines with 650 dynoed HP and 700 ft. pounds of torque.The motors are 8 1/2 to 1 compression and run on pump gas with a single carb.

I feel the twin step version with 500 EFIs with a half cabin will run in the 90 MPH range in a pleasure configuration.I will find out soon since I am building this boat for a customer here in south Florida.I will also be building another 35 now for a customer with twin 950 HP blower motors.This boat will be a real performer with that kind of power.
I look forward to campaign later this year a 35 in F2 class.
The trend now is steps in performance boats and my dad feels this way, but I am a firm believer of a good 24 degree deep v with the proper setup in the ruff is the way to go.
This is the reason we are offering the boat in both forms and letting our customers decide for themselves.
Each boat has a race lay up with the latest materials and no boat will look like the next.I will post photos as soon as I get them back from our photographer at the beginning of the week.The 6 man bolster looks incredible when you look down on it parked at the dock.Regards, JO
Old 03-30-2002, 09:12 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Congrats!!! Can't wait to see the pics!!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 03-30-2002, 09:40 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jo, I think that your plan of making the boat in both configurations ( step vs nostep) is a very good choice as a manufacturer. In the 1920's a gold cup race boat (The El Lagardo)that my mom's uncle worked on and raced was basically not competetive with a standard bottom. They added the steps to the bottom( complete with controlled ventalation) and it became a gold cup winner. There were however some handling traits that were not great after the addition of the steps. At that time though 72mph was very good considering the engine only made 275hp.

What I am getting at is that steps have come and gone once before in history and there is still a lot more to learn about both bottom configurations. Good luck and i hope to be in a 35 survivor someday. The Ironman.

Quick Reply: 95.3 MPH On GPS First Sea Trial !!! 35 Survivor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.