Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Splash Date Has Finally Arrived! >

Splash Date Has Finally Arrived!

Notices

Splash Date Has Finally Arrived!

Old 03-30-2002, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Splash Date Has Finally Arrived!

It's here, boys and girls!
That wonderful time of year when boating season begins in Lake Michigan. The big dick Powerquest is getting wet in Muskegon, can't wait to try out the newly tuned props from York and the reprogrammed ECM's from Tyler Crockett( hopefully this will solve my gas in the oil dilemma).

Any one care to join me? I'm launching at Fishermans Landing around 10:30 Saturday. They have the docks all the way in and everything, they must have known I was coming. The water level seemed okay last weekend, and there was hardly any ice. I don't think we'll see any snow or ice this year, but what the hell, it's still good getting out before the crowds hit the launch ramp!

Pictures will follow on the webpage

"Honest Brew"
standing by on Channel 9
Old 03-30-2002, 10:10 AM
brakeless

I've been working along the Kalamazoo river this past week and the only boats out there are the small fishing boats. I don't think you'll see any tank tops or bikinis out there.

I think I'll wait one more month til memorial wk-end. Just hope I can find a launch because the water table is down so far.

Old 03-30-2002, 12:35 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Brakeless, the water is actually UP from last fall. About 8 inches.

Paul, if I had about one more hours notice, I'd have met you at the ramp!!!! Maybe next time.
Old 03-31-2002, 08:17 AM
Registered

Mike,
I'll give you a call next time I go, what's your #?
You are right, Foul, the water is definately up from last March, the boat launched easily this time, didn't have to back the trailer in nearly as far!
Troutly,
I had Tyler Crockett do 'em for $500+$12 shipping. It took a couple weeks, normally I think it only takes a couple days, but I wasn't in a hurry for them at the time.
phone: 1-810-324-2720
e-mail:[email protected]
The engines seem to run smoother at idle, and there is A LOT less Soot on the transom, I'll know more in another 20 engine hours though, when I do another oil analysis.

The props that I had labbed at York worked much better in the slop(3-5's yesterday), just a tad slower to plane, but the engine rpm's match up better when planing up.

Paul