Old 07-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 366 Likes on 245 Posts

say it loud!
Old 07-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 12 Posts

Well guys I'm back. I ended up buying the boostpower.com 38' Scarab that used to belong to Alexi. It's a 38' 1999 Scarab AVS light lay up... 500 EFIs, shorties, nice boat. Thanks everyone for their help :-)
Old 07-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great boat, He bought it about the same time I bought mine. I'm sure you got a great deal on it in this market. Enjoy...Mike
Old 07-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pics Pics Pics!!!!
Old 07-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

atta boy! Great boat with nice graphics. Congrats!
Old 08-02-2009, 10:45 PM
scarab
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpzaluski
Hey guys.... I'm new here and to the powerboat world. I've owned some smaller boats but am getting ready to purchase a boat for our river/poker run scene. As I've noted, most of you guys know the market, and what's for sale, so you'll probably be able to figure out the very boats I'm talking about LOL. My first choice is a 1999 38' Scarab w/ 525SCs (300 hours). Boat is in good/great shape and doesn't need too terribly much. I got a check from my bank and made a trip to pick the boat up and sea trial only to get a phone call from my broker 12 hours from home saying the seller does not have the funds to bridge the gap in payoff. So I went ahead and continued down to sea trial the boat. I like the boat a lot, but I'm forced to take it in a pretty much as is situation as the seller has not a dollar to his name. Broker is trying to make short sale arrangements with bank but I feel like it's a long shot. My alternative is a 1998 Eliminator Eagle. Boat is priced similarly but a nicer vessel. This boat is a little more aggressively powered, Paul Pfaff 598s with Kinsler Injection and #6 drives. Any input on my two choices? Any input on Eliminators? I know they're big in the cat game but find very little about there V's. Fire away guys.

what kind of shape was that 38 avs in
Old 08-03-2009, 06:23 AM
Registered

Thanks everyone for the help and asking.

trc2... boat was actually in really really good shape. It was a pleasant surprise actually. After the deal falling through on the one in FL I was actually very happy it went that way after coming home with this boat. Aside from some general maint. it's been a great boat. Been on the water every single weekend since bringing it home.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:00 AM
scarab
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering about the one in fl that you look at
Old 08-03-2009, 08:17 AM
Registered

trc2... the thing that ruined the boat in FL was the transaction. I was 12 hours into a trip with check in hand when the broker calls with the news saying the owner doesn't have the funds to finish paying off. Are you kidding me? I proceeded to look at boat anyway. Boat has some gel and stress cracks, interior is good, two rips in each bolster, deck is faded with clear flaking, fridge door is rusting badly, etc. It needed some TLC but not a bad boat. Also would not stop steaming out of one header (bad steam) and I suspect might have been a head gasket. All in all a good buy for someone looking to put a little TLC in something, but after my deal fell through I saw they raised the price 10k.