Does anyone know this truck.

Notices

Does anyone know this truck.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:21 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sonic
It a 06.the taillights are aftermarket
That's great no emissions garbage on it! I have seen 24mpg on level ground with the wind at my back. I normally see 20-22mpg depending on conditions. With the high lift and big rolling stock it's not likely you'll see that much but there is a bunch of aftermarket mileage boosters you can get for that motor. One thing about a stock Cummins is it starts sucking the fuel above 2000rpms. Keep it below that and you'll see over 20mpg for sure.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:22 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

How much weight are you planning on towing? It ha a LOT of rotating mass which will diminish braking (especially if the factory brakes have not been upgraded). You also will have a lot of rotating mass that needs to be balanced well for a comfortable ride.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
That's great no emissions garbage on it! I have seen 24mpg on level ground with the wind at my back. I normally see 20-22mpg depending on conditions. With the high lift and big rolling stock it's not likely you'll see that much but there is a bunch of aftermarket mileage boosters you can get for that motor. One thing about a stock Cummins is it starts sucking the fuel above 2000rpms. Keep it below that and you'll see over 20mpg for sure.
Thanx for the info.The only thing that has me worried is i don't whats been done to the engine/trans other then a cold air intake
Old 07-05-2009, 11:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
How much weight are you planning on towing? It ha a LOT of rotating mass which will diminish braking (especially if the factory brakes have not been upgraded). You also will have a lot of rotating mass that needs to be balanced well for a comfortable ride.
02 26 sonic 8000# loaded????
Old 07-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Banned

02 26 sonic 8000# loaded????
You'll be ok at that weight. Is it automatic or manual tranny? I have the G56 manual which is great for downshift braking help. If it's automatic you might want to upgrade to triple piston slotted cross-drilled rotors and better pads. Great upgrade if it hasn't already been done.

Main thing is don't sign the papers until you are satisfied about the condition of the truck.

Last edited by Catmando; 07-05-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Banned

Thanx for the info.The only thing that has me worried is i don't whats been done to the engine/trans other then a cold air intake
Make the seller tell you who the previous owner is and call him.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:55 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

I'd make sure it has some upgraded brakes of some type. The factory brakes system is not designed for that kind of load. Upgraded calipers, bigger disks, slotted/crossdrilled, top of the line pads... I'd look for such.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Banned

I'd make sure it has some upgraded brakes of some type. The factory brakes system is not designed for that kind of load. Upgraded calipers, bigger disks, slotted/crossdrilled, top of the line pads... I'd look for such.
Brian why would Dodge put a 12,500lb tow rating on the factory hitch if the braking system couldn't handle it??
Old 07-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

It's not going to stop on a dime with all that rotating mass. Dodge didn't design and build that truck to cease that extra ~400 lbs. of rotating mass, towing or not. It's plain physics.
Will it stop? Yeah, it will stop.
Will it stop like stock? Nope.

This is one of the reasons I am waiting to find a good looking set of 19.5 inch direct bolt on wheels for my Dually. 19.5s weigh almost the same as stockers.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:31 AM
Registered

It's not going to stop on a dime with all that rotating mass. Dodge didn't design and build that truck to cease that extra ~400 lbs. of rotating mass, towing or not. It's plain physics.
Will it stop? Yeah, it will stop.
Will it stop like stock? Nope.

This is one of the reasons I am waiting to find a good looking set of 19.5 inch direct bolt on wheels for my Dually. 19.5s weigh almost the same as stockers.
It has bigger brakes then stock on it now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.