Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The Next Danica Patrick,,,,, (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/212349-next-danica-patrick.html)

Catmando 07-05-2009 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by monstaaa (Post 2903483)
no doubt. tres isnt the figure he is in our great industry for no reason. both my daughter and i have been privy to grooming from men like tres. world champs.Joe Sgro, Gary Guido, Bobby Saccenti, and Reggie Fountain.
Each time out we get to learn a lil more. find the edge even finer. We do run brand loyal for the most part so she's gettin alot of seat time in the same product. which truly helps.
Would not mind the opportunity to run with Mr. Martin with my girl.

Well looks like she's in good hands with all those guys and their experience. How old is she now? If I still had my boat my granddaughters would both be driving it this summer.

BLee 07-06-2009 11:29 AM

That's great, and neat to see. I grew up driving all kinds of stuff myself, but never anything with todays speed & technology. She definitely will be light years ahead of many boaters that didn't tug on Dad's shirt begging to drive as a kid. :coolcowboy:

monstaaa 07-06-2009 11:57 AM

shes now 13. and yes definately an edge. i wish as a child or young adult i grew up now with all the technology advances and such.
soon she'll be runin a super cat with a fellow member here. lil by lil.

Sweet Nmocean 07-06-2009 12:15 PM

I had my daughter driving on the 4th she is 10 she did a great job, I have to teach her on docking the boat. She knows how to tie it up properly and were to place the bumpers she does really well.

MahopacMarine 07-06-2009 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by monstaaa (Post 2903371)
My Littler Girl Is Growinn Up. And Seems To Follow In Her Daddys Footsteps Somewhat. She's Been Well Into The Triple Digits And Has Run Herself At The Mark. A 38 Lightning, 38 Express Cruiser, And A 37 Active Thunder.

I can remember her throttling past a couple of my clients last year at the NYC Poker run!!!! That is just so cool!

Way to go

monstaaa 07-06-2009 05:24 PM

yeah dude,,,, a couple of ours as well. she really digs the offshore thing from rigging to running and all the cool people you meet at these events.
she's a high honor roll, gold medal gymnast and soccer star to boot. dont mean to be so boastful , butr i am just so proud of her.

Hauling Trash 07-06-2009 05:34 PM

My Little Girl race with me this past weekend in my Jerseys speed skiff for the first time , shes only 16.

Mike

lucky strike 07-06-2009 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Hauling Trash (Post 2904018)
My Little Girl race with me this past weekend in my Jerseys speed skiff for the first time , shes only 16.

Mike

That's so cool.
My kids grew up on speed boats & poker runs.
What a life for them.
I grew up on Barnegat Bay crabbing & water skiing. A lot of fun but racing & poker running seems much more exciting.
And I must tell you it is.
We all are very lucky to be able to enjoy boating in any way, shape, or form.

monstaaa 07-06-2009 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Hauling Trash (Post 2904018)

Mike

That's so cool.
My kids grew up on speed boats & poker runs.
What a life for them.
I grew up on Barnegat Bay crabbing & water skiing. A lot of fun but racing & poker running seems much more exciting.
And I must tell you it is.
We all are very lucky to be able to enjoy boating in any way, shape, or form.

absolutely. we crab, fish go jackin, digin clams and the like. the water rocks.
plus to watch yur lil girl rock and roll aint so bad either.

offshoredrillin 07-06-2009 06:57 PM

Here is my daughter driving last season. I worked the tabs and trim she mashed it, got out of it and cruised at 60. 12 years old and drives a 42 Tiger :)

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...tuff/layno.jpg