Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The Next Danica Patrick,,,,, (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/212349-next-danica-patrick.html)

monstaaa 07-05-2009 08:47 PM

The Next Danica Patrick,,,,,

3 Attachment(s)
My Littler Girl Is Growinn Up. And Seems To Follow In Her Daddys Footsteps Somewhat. She's Been Well Into The Triple Digits And Has Run Herself At The Mark. A 38 Lightning, 38 Express Cruiser, And A 37 Active Thunder.

dykstra 07-05-2009 08:59 PM

sweet

audacity 07-05-2009 09:01 PM

scary...you should send her to tres martins school!

monstaaa 07-05-2009 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by audacity (Post 2903380)
scary...you should send her to tres martins school!

FOR WHAT???

I THINK I GOT THIS ONE.

boater31v 07-05-2009 09:48 PM

That is cool stuff; congrats. However, if my little girl was aspiring to be a top notch female racer, I would want it to by Ashley Force Hood. Ashley has actually won races and is leading the funny car points.

Catmando 07-05-2009 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by monstaaa (Post 2903387)
FOR WHAT???

I THINK I GOT THIS ONE.

Great job dad! :coolcowboy: But with all due respect I think even you could learn a thing or two from Tres.

monstaaa 07-05-2009 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by boater31v (Post 2903415)
That is cool stuff; congrats. However, if my little girl was aspiring to be a top notch female racer, I would want it to by Ashley Force Hood. Ashley has actually won races and is leading the funny car points.

point wel taken. i personally dont follow funny car racing but would agree from that stand point.

monstaaa 07-05-2009 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 2903424)
Great job dad! :coolcowboy: But with all due respect I think even you could learn a thing or two from Tres.

no doubt. tres isnt the figure he is in our great industry for no reason. both my daughter and i have been privy to grooming from men like tres. world champs.Joe Sgro, Gary Guido, Bobby Saccenti, and Reggie Fountain.
Each time out we get to learn a lil more. find the edge even finer. We do run brand loyal for the most part so she's gettin alot of seat time in the same product. which truly helps.
Would not mind the opportunity to run with Mr. Martin with my girl.

monstaaa 07-05-2009 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Elite Marine (Post 2903381)
That is great. My oldest (5 years old) started snowcross this past Winter. Did great and loved it.

Enjoy it while you can Dad, like they say, they do grow up fast!

Kirk

you are right bout that one. seems like yesterday she was 4 going into kidergarten. i just find it so pleasureable and nice when a child finds interest in and then persues said interest with unbiased intent. its great.

Catmando 07-05-2009 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by monstaaa (Post 2903483)
no doubt. tres isnt the figure he is in our great industry for no reason. both my daughter and i have been privy to grooming from men like tres. world champs.Joe Sgro, Gary Guido, Bobby Saccenti, and Reggie Fountain.
Each time out we get to learn a lil more. find the edge even finer. We do run brand loyal for the most part so she's gettin alot of seat time in the same product. which truly helps.
Would not mind the opportunity to run with Mr. Martin with my girl.

Well looks like she's in good hands with all those guys and their experience. How old is she now? If I still had my boat my granddaughters would both be driving it this summer.

BLee 07-06-2009 11:29 AM

That's great, and neat to see. I grew up driving all kinds of stuff myself, but never anything with todays speed & technology. She definitely will be light years ahead of many boaters that didn't tug on Dad's shirt begging to drive as a kid. :coolcowboy:

monstaaa 07-06-2009 11:57 AM

shes now 13. and yes definately an edge. i wish as a child or young adult i grew up now with all the technology advances and such.
soon she'll be runin a super cat with a fellow member here. lil by lil.

Sweet Nmocean 07-06-2009 12:15 PM

I had my daughter driving on the 4th she is 10 she did a great job, I have to teach her on docking the boat. She knows how to tie it up properly and were to place the bumpers she does really well.

MahopacMarine 07-06-2009 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by monstaaa (Post 2903371)
My Littler Girl Is Growinn Up. And Seems To Follow In Her Daddys Footsteps Somewhat. She's Been Well Into The Triple Digits And Has Run Herself At The Mark. A 38 Lightning, 38 Express Cruiser, And A 37 Active Thunder.

I can remember her throttling past a couple of my clients last year at the NYC Poker run!!!! That is just so cool!

Way to go

monstaaa 07-06-2009 05:24 PM

yeah dude,,,, a couple of ours as well. she really digs the offshore thing from rigging to running and all the cool people you meet at these events.
she's a high honor roll, gold medal gymnast and soccer star to boot. dont mean to be so boastful , butr i am just so proud of her.

Hauling Trash 07-06-2009 05:34 PM

My Little Girl race with me this past weekend in my Jerseys speed skiff for the first time , shes only 16.

Mike

lucky strike 07-06-2009 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Hauling Trash (Post 2904018)
My Little Girl race with me this past weekend in my Jerseys speed skiff for the first time , shes only 16.

Mike

That's so cool.
My kids grew up on speed boats & poker runs.
What a life for them.
I grew up on Barnegat Bay crabbing & water skiing. A lot of fun but racing & poker running seems much more exciting.
And I must tell you it is.
We all are very lucky to be able to enjoy boating in any way, shape, or form.

monstaaa 07-06-2009 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Hauling Trash (Post 2904018)

Mike

That's so cool.
My kids grew up on speed boats & poker runs.
What a life for them.
I grew up on Barnegat Bay crabbing & water skiing. A lot of fun but racing & poker running seems much more exciting.
And I must tell you it is.
We all are very lucky to be able to enjoy boating in any way, shape, or form.

absolutely. we crab, fish go jackin, digin clams and the like. the water rocks.
plus to watch yur lil girl rock and roll aint so bad either.

offshoredrillin 07-06-2009 06:57 PM

Here is my daughter driving last season. I worked the tabs and trim she mashed it, got out of it and cruised at 60. 12 years old and drives a 42 Tiger :)

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...tuff/layno.jpg

monstaaa 07-07-2009 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 2904097)
Here is my daughter driving last season. I worked the tabs and trim she mashed it, got out of it and cruised at 60. 12 years old and drives a 42 Tiger :)

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...tuff/layno.jpg

it pays to due your fair share of keeping this industry alive.

Coolerman 07-07-2009 02:39 PM

yup

Btw, nice job monstaa gettin your kids into the sport! My dad got me hooked bad.........

ActiveThunder 07-07-2009 07:42 PM

I noticed she looked happiest when the throttles were on the correct side of the steering wheel.....

ActiveThunder 07-07-2009 07:46 PM

And Danica came in third in Indy. Correct?

mmareno 07-07-2009 07:51 PM

That 's Awesome.. Good for you!! Proud Dad and his little girl... That's awesome she isn't afraid!! Congrats!!

monstaaa 07-07-2009 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder (Post 2905074)
I noticed she looked happiest when the throttles were on the correct side of the steering wheel.....

:kiss:

MahopacMarine 07-08-2009 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by monstaaa (Post 2904008)
yeah dude,,,, a couple of ours as well. she really digs the offshore thing from rigging to running and all the cool people you meet at these events.
she's a high honor roll, gold medal gymnast and soccer star to boot. dont mean to be so boastful , butr i am just so proud of her.

Wow. Dont ever stop being boastful. There is a lot to be proud of. I wish most of today's youth would excell as much as your daughter. Congrats!!!

Ms PatriYacht 07-08-2009 05:12 PM

Cool to see a young girl learning to pilot a boat, I wish I tried driving a boat before I turned 30, I don't think I will ever get the hang of it. Is she interested in the mechanical end of things, that's one thing I notice is important in offshore no matter how much money you have, it does you no good other than paying for a tow if something minor breaks while on a run. However with some knowledge and a few tools on board you often can be back running before you know it.

Where on the island do you boat?

monstaaa 07-08-2009 06:18 PM

pretty much all over the south shore. alot out in the hamptons . great south bay. freeport / jones inlet to rockaway

Ms PatriYacht 07-08-2009 08:57 PM

I will be in the Great South Bay in Babylon the last weekend in July I will have to keep an eye out for you:)

monstaaa 07-08-2009 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht (Post 2906046)
I will be in the Great South Bay in Babylon the last weekend in July I will have to keep an eye out for you:)

sounds good. shoot pe a pm when we get closer.

Catmando 07-08-2009 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder (Post 2905079)
And Danica came in third in Indy. Correct?

Yes third at Indy. She won her first race in Japan last year when the leader had to slow down to conserve fuel. She has won no other races since. She placed 11th in her last race at Watkins Glen.

monstaaa 07-09-2009 08:48 PM

say what ya want,,,,, i dig her.

and she like ashley, and that chick back in the day who used to drive that top fuel dragster, i'm pullin a blank now, have set the stage for future females in motor sports.

and either way i personally applaud their bravery and tenacity to strive forth.

also doesnt hurt that ashley has daddy's dough to have some badazz equipment.

too bad i dont have huge deep pockets,,

it's all good.

Catmando 07-09-2009 09:00 PM

...that chick back in the day who used to drive that top fuel dragster, i'm pullin a blank now...

Shirley Muldowney.

There was another woman in Top Fuel, Shelley Howard. She died at an Oklahoma track when she had a heart attack as she left the starting line. :(

monstaaa 07-09-2009 10:42 PM

Shirley Muldowney .

thats her. and she was pretty hoyy too. thanx for the memory jog

handfulz28 07-10-2009 09:29 AM

An offshore forum, talking about women behind the wheel, and nobody mentions Betty Cook?

Very cool dads, to show the confidence to put the girls behind the wheel. :D

monstaaa 07-13-2009 07:34 AM

its a new world. all kinds of barriers being broke down. and thanx.

monstaaa 07-21-2009 08:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by handfulz28 (Post 2907196)
An offshore forum, talking about women behind the wheel, and nobody mentions Betty Cook?

Very cool dads, to show the confidence to put the girls behind the wheel. :D

betty cook may be before my time.

and were gonna try this relm soon,,,,,, we hope ..

Catmando 07-21-2009 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by monstaaa (Post 2915163)
betty cook may be before my time.

and were gonna try this relm soon,,,,,, we hope ..

Monster Truck? How many women do that? Beautiful young lady there... :)

My oldest granddaughter is staying with us until she goes to college next month. I think of her as the daughter I never had.

monstaaa 07-22-2009 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 2915175)
Monster Truck? How many women do that? Beautiful young lady there... :)

My oldest granddaughter is staying with us until she goes to college next month. I think of her as the daughter I never had.

thanx ,,, i think so too. yea monster trucks been dabling. also may get a wirl at a trophy truck:cool: but first things first.