AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I like this guy/gal!
Old 08-13-2009, 09:57 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

John - What is the latest from the Coast Guard or Police?
Old 08-15-2009, 11:25 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Nothing so far. I'll have to send them an email
Old 08-18-2009, 06:39 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well - Good news / Bad News:

Letters from the owners attorney to victim(s) agree to pay for damages as per agreed-upon values based on a professional surveyor's assesment of each vessel/facility. In exchange, the victim(s) has to agree to never ever hassle the owner in any way shape or form about the incident.

The letter makes no indication of who the owners are by name, only "BB Yachting, Ltd., a Cayman Islands company".

The letter offer states "On behalf of the owner, we apologize for any inconvenience or difficulties the wake incident of July 5, 2009 may have caused your business or guests." It does not state that the owner (who is now believed to have been onboard at the time) apologizes or even cares.

So: In exchange for what the victims were due all along and a limp apology, the owner wants to be let off of every potential hook. The victims will have to choose their path...
Old 08-18-2009, 07:56 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Part of me wants to think this is just chicken sh!t and ball-less. How about just a good 'ol apology, and not one written by his lap dog? I know tons of people who don't have squat in this life compared to this dude but have the decency to admit mistakes and make good on them. Seems like just another corporate wimp hiding behind his lackey attorney that we see daily in the news. I swear I'll faint when I hear of some corporate big-wig that actually grows a set and takes the responsibility.

The other part of me says that I'm glad they're getting some compensation for the incident in a timely manner even. It seems that at least they recognized the damage done and have not let it get bogged down in legal mumbo jumbo with little or no resolution. And it looks as if they got rid of the moron who captained the boat so there has been action on a few different levels. But they way it's done just leaves such a bad taste.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Well i guess it is time to start writing to the corperation! Gee I wonder what the BB in BB "Yachting LTD stands for".
Old 08-18-2009, 08:17 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the owner was on-board it seems under the circumstances more than likely that he was at the helm.

I find it difficult to believe any professional mariner would make this kind of mistake knowing full well the consequences.

I'd bet the the former Captain is the present sacrificial goat.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Part of me wants to think this is just chicken sh!t and ball-less. How about just a good 'ol apology, and not one written by his lap dog? I know tons of people who don't have squat in this life compared to this dude but have the decency to admit mistakes and make good on them. Seems like just another corporate wimp hiding behind his lackey attorney that we see daily in the news. I swear I'll faint when I hear of some corporate big-wig that actually grows a set and takes the responsibility.

The other part of me says that I'm glad they're getting some compensation for the incident in a timely manner even. It seems that at least they recognized the damage done and have not let it get bogged down in legal mumbo jumbo with little or no resolution. And it looks as if they got rid of the moron who captained the boat so there has been action on a few different levels. But they way it's done just leaves such a bad taste.
I agree with the first paragraph.
Just some how doesn't seem good enough.

Wow what a thread. just noticed/read it. Sorry to hear this happen. I get pissed when people plow through our cove with large boats, I can't even fathom what a 100+ footer could do. Good luck to all victims involved.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:26 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

I have hesitated to comment on this thread but.....

In todays litigious times I dont fault the owner for "hiding" behind is attorney. He paid what compensation was agreed upon and thats it. He doesnt know if any of those involved are first class scum lookin to take advantage of his wealth, and you dont know who was even driving at the time. I would say money, in this circumstance and under agreement, makes all parties even.

Sorry it happened, what does it cost to make us square, see ya later.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
I have hesitated to comment on this thread but.....

In todays litigious times I dont fault the owner for "hiding" behind is attorney. He paid what compensation was agreed upon and thats it. He doesnt know if any of those involved are first class scum lookin to take advantage of his wealth, and you dont know who was even driving at the time. I would say money, in this circumstance and under agreement, makes all parties even.

Sorry it happened, what does it cost to make us square, see ya later.
The first class scum taking advantage of his wealth already happened - whoever was driving the yacht. If it was the owner himself he should be shot. Hiding behind a lawyer is expected, but a puzzy move none-the-less.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.