Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Looking for "SeaDoo for Dad" - 108' Sunseeker >

Looking for "SeaDoo for Dad" - 108' Sunseeker

Notices

Looking for "SeaDoo for Dad" - 108' Sunseeker

Old 08-26-2009, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The unfortunate involved should not let the passing of time erode the seriousness of the act, let time gone by without restitution be all the more reason to search for conviction, satisfaction and hopefully closure in the process of contacting and confronting the perpetrator/accomplice.

In the hope of preventing a possible repeat offense with possibly more serious results, and if done right maybe some success in also educating the blatantly ignorant, unbelievably arrogant and utterly disrespectful, give some thought to the call you will no doubt make.

A creative and patient approach can be a rewarding strategy. Timing and wording - use some tact and try a 5 AFTER that 4.
Refer to post #131
Old 08-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Registered

Hello "Sea Doo for Dad ?"

The unfortunate involved should not let the passing of time erode the seriousness of the act, let time gone by without restitution be all the more reason to search for conviction, satisfaction and hopefully closure in the process of contacting and confronting the perpetrator/accomplice.

In the hope of preventing a possible repeat offense with possibly more serious results, and if done right maybe some success in also educating the blatantly ignorant, unbelievably arrogant and utterly disrespectful, give some thought to the call you will no doubt make.

A creative and patient approach can be a rewarding strategy. Timing and wording - use some tact and try a 5 AFTER that 4.

Refer to post #131
Old 09-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I sent an email to the US Coast Guard asking them if they had any information regarding this incident. They did not reply - AT ALL.

This month's BoatUS magazine had a small article about waking incidents. I wonder if they will be interested?
Old 09-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, I think it would make a good story and complaints should be filed at the top. I bet if it was a complaint about a go fast the CG would be all over it
Old 09-09-2009, 08:25 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Emailing the CG as we speak.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Chuck and John,

This is CG contact that may be able to assist you getting satisfaction.

LCDR Patti Mitrowski
Chief, Response Department
SECTOR Baltimore
410-576-2585 work
410-303-5453 cell

Not sure if she will appreciate me posting her contact information, but you need answers.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I gave her organization (USCG) almost a week to answer me and they have not, so post away.

It's not so much me who deserves answers as an individual, but the entire boating community of the upper Chesapeake and, more importantly, the actual victims. While the obligatory payments are being made (held hostage for releases), there is still no word about who was operating the vessel at the time, who it was that flipped off the pursuers, and/or what actions were taken against them. The Coast Guard (and local police) are employed by the taxpayers (us). Therefore, we are the customers and we want our money's worth of answers.

If this incident isn't enough, what DO you have to do to get the USCG and other authorities riled up?
Old 09-09-2009, 12:52 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
If this incident isn't enough, what DO you have to do to get the USCG and other authorities riled up?
Befriend (pay off) a left wing community organizer/Czar in the Obama administration?
Old 09-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by C_Spray
I gave her organization (USCG) almost a week to answer me and they have not, so post away.

It's not so much me who deserves answers as an individual, but the entire boating community of the upper Chesapeake and, more importantly, the actual victims. While the obligatory payments are being made (held hostage for releases), there is still no word about who was operating the vessel at the time, who it was that flipped off the pursuers, and/or what actions were taken against them. The Coast Guard (and local police) are employed by the taxpayers (us). Therefore, we are the customers and we want our money's worth of answers.

The whole thing sucked and thank God no one was killed or permanently injured. With that stated, I hope those people damaged by this incident have a good definition of what win means to them. If win is they get made whole for their damages, it sounds like that is happening. And of course they would have to sign releases.

If win means dragging the owner and captain of this yacht out for a public flogging - right or wrong, that probably isn't going to happen.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Tragedy but my what a pretty boat....people don't realize how much damage their wake can do if they never owned a small boat....I used to have a 17 ft'er and if a duck swam by I was grabbing on to something. Makes you respect the smaller boats more for sure. Hope everyone is ok!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.