Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Places to Visit in California and Arizona Marine Related. >

Places to Visit in California and Arizona Marine Related.

Notices

Places to Visit in California and Arizona Marine Related.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Places to Visit in California and Arizona Marine Related.

Charlie and I are thinking of heading west for a road trip. We will be taking pictures, meeting folks, looking to head out on some of the lakes we hear so much about. We know the East Coast type of boating but would like to see the West Coast style. Basically, experience what California and AZ has to offer for the boating community. ie: Manufacturers, Distributers, Boat Builders.

So, who should we visit? Who should we ask to take a ride with on one of the lakes?
If this was you, what and who would you want to see related to the Marine industry.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Registered

Havasu is a great spot. All the boats and builders in one place. My favorite place on the whole west coast, lived in Utah for 24 yrs, to boat is Lake Powell, more natural beauty than man made. Lake Tahoe is beautiful as well. I don't care for Lake Mead.

Some Powell pics...

Havasu pics...

The Sandbar

The Channel

Last edited by Run_em_hard; 07-07-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

X2

Havasu is a great launching spot for several destinations.

Havasu- Of course, but then you can run the river all the way up to Laughlin and gamble and there are lots of spots like Moabi to stop and party.

The Parker strip- Parker dam makes Lake havasu- 20 minutes from Havasu city Many floating bars and restaurants scenery and very fast boast prowl "the river". Its a super spot to watch all kind of HP fed lunacy.

The boat manufactures that arent in Havasu are located in Corona Ca and surrounding area. So you can hit Ultra, Lavey, Hallett, on the way to the ocean.

Then you have the coast and the ocean ports/ harbors Del rey, Long Beach Newport, anaheim and San Diego ala days trip south.

Its 15 miles from Del Rey to San Diego.

Then of course Catalina island with its two "cities" Avalon and 2 Harbors

Let me know when you are coming I might be able to do one or more of the destinations with you.

You bringing a boat?

Uncle Dave
Old 07-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
X2

Havasu is a great launching spot for several destinations.

Havasu- Of course, but then you can run the river all the way up to Laughlin and gamble and there are lots of spots like Moabi to stop and party.

The Parker strip- Parker dam makes Lake havasu- 20 minutes from Havasu city Many floating bars and restaurants scenery and very fast boast prowl "the river". Its a super spot to watch all kind of HP fed lunacy.

The boat manufactures that arent in Havasu are located in Corona Ca and surrounding area. So you can hit Ultra, Lavey, Hallett, on the way to the ocean.

Then you have the coast and the ocean ports/ harbors Del rey, Long Beach Newport, anaheim and San Diego ala days trip south.

Its 15 miles from Del Rey to San Diego.

Then of course Catalina island with its two "cities" Avalon and 2 Harbors

Let me know when you are coming I might be able to do one or more of the destinations with you.

You bringing a boat?

Uncle Dave

Sounds great UD. I will let you know when we have the dates nailed down.

Tom
Old 07-08-2009, 04:11 PM
LZH
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Catalina in Aug is amazing...
Old 07-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Gotta see Tank for a Channel Islands tour.

New Eliminator facility looks cool, but I am not sure they are building any boats there.

I pass Teague all the time on the way to Bakersfield but haven't ever stopped.