Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
"Classic" OSO posts............can you find them? >

"Classic" OSO posts............can you find them?

Notices

"Classic" OSO posts............can you find them?

Old 07-09-2009, 07:18 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Yes, MN state trooper.

He was convicted of having a sexual relationship his 14yr old niece. The niece was later killed by a drunk driver while he was in jail. He is out of jail now.
I didn't realize that she was killed later. Lots of sadness in that whole story. I had met Troutly, his wife and son a couple times and they all seemed like good folks. He was honored for some pretty good DUI arrests, particularly getting a repeat offender off the streets. Shame how things go bad...
Old 07-09-2009, 07:33 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some good stuff in this thread

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...ing-101-a.html
Old 07-09-2009, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=PhantomChaos;2906157]

1) Jen.....suicide. INFO

2) Dan Lanza.....hit by a car during road rage conflict. http://danlanza.com

1. The sad thing was the thread she posted that was referenced to as a classic was long before she passed, that thread saved her life at the time, if I remember correctly Dan and possibly the young computer guy from Long Island (races cars) dang I can't remember his screen name went to her home while others furiously posted encouragements. Sadly she dropped off the board, and eventually took her life

2. Before she died Dan was killed in a needless road rage act when he went out to grab some bagels or something for breakfast.

Another sad thread that eventually ended in death was the Martini Boater (or some board name like that) when he went missing, people were frantic and looking everywhere. He surfaced about a week later, and then eventually posted a story about his spiraling depression. Things seemed to be going well for him and then we heard of his death. Over the years it's amazing how many people have poured their hearts out here. Thankfully most of of the times it's been uplifting with talk of births, marriages, new boat purchases, records broken, problems solved, OSO members helping OSO, and tons of laughs. But like life there has been a lot of sad things played out on the board as well.

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 07-09-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PatriYacht
Not sure what you mean by classic, but I would rate the Rachel is Dead Thread as one of the most memorable and possibly biggest scam ever on OSO, he sure had the majority of us fooled, especially me. I also had a lot of fun on some of the Cashbrain threads, I wonder what ever happened to him.

I for one would like to think that Fred just ran out of money because his business grew to fast and was poorly managed. I think his heart was to deep in this sport to purposely pull a fast one on us. You have to remember he was a contributing member for a LONG time before he started his business. Ian and I spoke to him many times before and after he started Trick, he never seemed like someone to do this on purpose. Plus he wound up in a lot legal and financial trouble, I imagine it must kill him to be excommunicated from a hobby and community that he was involved in for a long time.
Posted by Donna Ms PatriYacht
I agree with both of these!
Old 07-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=Ms PatriYacht;2906325]
Originally Posted by PhantomChaos

1) Jen.....suicide. INFO

2) Dan Lanza.....hit by a car during road rage conflict. http://danlanza.com

1. The sad thing was the thread she posted that was referenced to as a classic was long before she passed, that thread saved her life at the time, if I remember correctly Dan and possibly the young computer guy from Long Island (races cars) dang I can't remember his screen name went to her home while others furiously posted encouragements. Sadly she dropped off the board, and eventually took her life

2. Before she died Dan was killed in a needless road rage act when he went out to grab some bagels or something for breakfast.

Another sad thread that eventually ended in death was the Martini Boater (or some board name like that) when he went missing, people were frantic and looking everywhere. He surfaced about a week later, and then eventually posted a story about his spiraling depression. Things seemed to be going well for him and then we heard of his death. Over the years it's amazing how many people have poured their hearts out here. Thankfully most of of the times it's been uplifting with talk of births, marriages, new boat purchases, records broken, problems solved, OSO members helping OSO, and tons of laughs. But like life there has been a lot of sad things played out on the board as well.
The guys name was Brenden Puterbaker (I think that was his last name) AKA Puter, he made me look like the picaso of the typing world!!! You needed a decoder ring for that stuff.

Some of the Airpacker Travis stuff was good.

I remember Travis was JONESING for Red Bull and I sent him a case. I probably should call up the governer of his state and appologize!!! LOL
Old 07-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Puter, that was it but I thought that his screen name was because he was in the computer business. You are right his posts were hilarious because he did not believe in spell check or proofing them

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 07-09-2009 at 08:27 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:26 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

This one just came up and I laughed my azz off

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ng-rumors.html

Look at Offshores response.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:33 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the guy with the Sunsation screen name was Kanookster ???

He did post a couple of years back, but then dropped off.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:46 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

OK how are we are going to award a winner - I have 2 DVD's to give away!!!

My favorite thread, that has me laughing to this day is http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...batteries.html and it's sequel http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...est-story.html

Damn good reading if you need to laugh

too bad Wellby stopped coming around - hope all is well!!
Old 07-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. I'm just getting back on here after a few years away and you guyes are digging up some crazy memories. This place was certainly a community back then. I don't see it as much here now, but maybe I just need to get used to all the new faces.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.