Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
"Classic" OSO posts............can you find them? >

"Classic" OSO posts............can you find them?

Notices

"Classic" OSO posts............can you find them?

Old 07-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by buck183
I'm gonna go back a little further than anyone has so far.

Two threads come to mind. Wish I could remember the names of the individuals involved.

There was a women on here one night that was threatening suicide. She kept posting some unorthodox stuff back to back. A few members jumped in a car and went to her place to perform an intervention.

There was also a thread about a well known member getting hit by a car and suffering fatal injuries. The thread was delivered in such a hysterical way that it made no sense at all. The thread starter was delirious beyond belief. I remember reading it the second it was posted and it looked like a third grader typed it out. It was originally taken as a joke but turned out to be true.

By the way, I wasn't making light of someone losing their life. The thread itself stood out and always will.

There was also a thread by someone building a big HP motor and putting it in a 24' Sunsation. On a shake down run they had some sort of mishap and his buddy that was riding along got some serious injuries. Can't for the life of me remember his name either. I do remember he quit posting here never to be seen again.

Buck
That was a member named DanL I think, the same guy who got killed by the car and owned a couple Apaches. The Chick was freaked by a near miss by a cat in the NY race anyway the guy saved her. And lost his life later on.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 1
That was a member named DanL I think, the same guy who got killed by the car and owned a couple Apaches. The Chick was freaked by a near miss by a cat in the NY race anyway the guy saved her. And lost his life later on.
That would be correct. Thank you for clearing that up.

I believe Jon, AKA Audiofn, may have been involved in the intervention. I remember him or Waterfoul having something to do with it.

Buck
Old 07-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buck183
I'm gonna go back a little further than anyone has so far.

Two threads come to mind. Wish I could remember the names of the individuals involved.

There was a women on here one night that was threatening suicide. She kept posting some unorthodox stuff back to back. A few members jumped in a car and went to her place to perform an intervention.

There was also a thread about a well known member getting hit by a car and suffering fatal injuries. The thread was delivered in such a hysterical way that it made no sense at all. The thread starter was delirious beyond belief. I remember reading it the second it was posted and it looked like a third grader typed it out. It was originally taken as a joke but turned out to be true.

By the way, I wasn't making light of someone losing their life. The thread itself stood out and always will.

There was also a thread by someone building a big HP motor and putting it in a 24' Sunsation. On a shake down run they had some sort of mishap and his buddy that was riding along got some serious injuries. Can't for the life of me remember his name either. I do remember he quit posting here never to be seen again.

Buck
1. Jennifer Coen(Superboat owner John Coen's wife)

2. Dan Lanza. The thread starter was his girlfriend or wife.

3. Don't know about the Sunsation but there is a thread about putting a 1400hp turbine in a Y2K Superboat in that forum.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
1. Jennifer Coen(Superboat owner John Coen's wife)

2. Dan Lanza. The thread starter was his girlfriend or wife.

3. Don't know about the Sunsation but there is a thread about putting a 1400hp turbine in a Y2K Superboat in that forum.

1) Jen.....suicide. INFO

2) Dan Lanza.....hit by a car during road rage conflict. http://danlanza.com

3) I remember that too.....Paralyzed during the accident?
Old 07-08-2009, 10:57 PM
Registered

My favorite.

APACHE Whats in a name......

That thread was on the front page for months.
Lots of history and lots of BS
Old 07-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

what about the guy who wanted to covert the apache to a single engine just to roll up to the bars and look cool..........
Old 07-08-2009, 11:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Lots of great memories...

the 'moose ate my cellphone' thread was one of my favorites.
Although I'm prejudiced, the inspiration it provided will always be a classic to me.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 07-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
1) Jen.....suicide. INFO

I went to their forum and read some of the thread. No accident that I can find. They're still dialing in the boat.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
I went to their forum and read some of the thread. No accident that I can find. They're still dialing in the boat.
What are you talking about?
Old 07-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
1) Jen.....suicide. INFO

#3:

25 Sunsation (actually a 24x7 hull) with a 572/ProCharger. They reportedly had the boat over trimmed and his buddy hit the dash on a bad hop/landing. I don't think he ever came out of the coma. The guy's name on here was "kook".

Related: A good friend of mine actually ordered that boat new with a 496 before all that happened. Another good friend of mine bought the boat after the accident, put more big power in it, and ran it for several seasons. He later sold it with a 500EFI.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 07-09-2009 at 12:23 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.