Sensor Alarm - 2004 6.2 liter Bravo >

Sensor Alarm - 2004 6.2 liter Bravo

Notices

Sensor Alarm - 2004 6.2 liter Bravo

Old 07-20-2009, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iac

Napa was able to to cross the part number...by the way, it is the same part used on a 2003 Lincoln LS with the 3.0 dohc motor. Hope this helps
Old 07-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, funny huh. It's a Ford part.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

Tried to post on this topic and it dissappeared as I clicked on 'submit reply' . Just as frustraiting as the problem with the IAC , pun intended.

My engines have under 200 hrs , and the port side IAC got stuck. No #code but the SmartCraft gauge gave warning to throttle back , because of high fuel level. Limped back on one engine . Pulled the IAC to find the pintle stuck . Couldn't move the shaft with a pair of pliers either. So I tapped on the solenoid cylinder a few times and got it unstuck. However I didn't trust it and ordered a new one form Merc, at a cost of $98 cdn , overnight shipping.I opened up the unit to show you all what's inside, and you'll find there's no way to get contamination inside the coil to stop the plunger, because of the protecting membrane. It was sqeaky clean inside so it's definitely a notorious part. I have a 96 Mustang with over 140K miles and the IAC works perfect , albeit it's a slightly different unit. Merc had to pick a model that gives us trouble , go figure.

here's the picture of said unit.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:11 AM
Registered

I had my mechanic out yesterday for the 2 beeps every 2 min alarm on my 03' 350 MAG MPI's. Turns out the IAC was starting to go bad, but still working. Was told that when the engine throws this code, the engine went to 90% available power. If it goes completely out, the engine wont idle smoothly or run well. He also said dont put car parts in it as he or other Mercury mechanics wont be able to work on it in the future due to non-recommended parts. Guess I will pay Mercury’s price for the right part.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:24 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

wow...this is handy and ironic. Last weekend I was idling for an extended period waiting for a buddy to get his anchor set. Ive got an 02' 6.2 Anyways I start getting a single beep every minute or two.......I didnt clock the time between beeps. Never came back when I was running or idling later. By a previous post it should be low drive lube. It isnt low so it must be a faulty drive lube sensor?