Notices

Catalina Ski race launch

Old 07-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Catalina Ski race launch

I posted this in the west coast section but here it goes again..I want to go t the ski race but I don't know if the crowds will be too big in LB. So I was thinking of launching in Huntington Harbor. My nav is down right now so I don't really want to run down from Newport if it is overcast. Does the launch ramp at the end or Edinger have the ability to fit a 38" boat? Does it have a wash down area (I seem to remember it does not). Or should I just launch from Long Beach/ Thanks Mike
Old 07-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are talking about the launch off of 2nd street, last time I was there it had a coin-op washout. All SoCal launch ramps that I have seen will handle 38 footers. Enjoy!
Old 07-10-2009, 11:39 AM
Registered

2nd street. Is that where you guys launch? thats alamitos bay isn't is? please clarify if you can..Mike
Old 07-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Michael Garibay
2nd street. Is that where you guys launch? thats alamitos bay isn't is? please clarify if you can..Mike
I like that 2nd Street better than the Long Beach launch for sure.....! I would launch there. An easy shot up to Long Beach.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
I like that 2nd Street better than the Long Beach launch for sure.....! I would launch there. An easy shot up to Long Beach.
The one off of 2nd street that you are talking about, Is that "Davies Ramp"? If so I launched a jet ski there about 10 years ago.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Registered

The one off of 2nd street that you are talking about, Is that "Davies Ramp"? If so I launched a jet ski there about 10 years ago.

Yep....Davies Launch. They added coin op wash about 5 years ago. A lot of the ski race boats launch there.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Registered

Okay, last question the entrance is from the west or the east. It appears on google maps that you would enter on the south east corner but coming down E. Marina drive from 2nd street at the right curve you would have to cut across oncoming traffic to get across to the entrance. I don't want to pass it and have to turn around with a 45 ft trailer thats all. thanks Mike
Old 07-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Registered

Okay, last question the entrance is from the west or the east. It appears on google maps that you would enter on the south east corner but coming down E. Marina drive from 2nd street at the right curve you would have to cut across oncoming traffic to get across to the entrance. I don't want to pass it and have to turn around with a 45 ft trailer thats all. thanks Mike
Once on East Marina Drive......you keep going all the way to the end, and go around to the left and that is where you pay to get in the parking lot. You don't "cut across traffic at the right curve"....that is the exit. From Google maps street view, you can see the washout area so that is still there. Don't worry....

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=3...03473&t=h&z=19

The end where you loop to the left and pull up to pay (at this point you will be heading southeast when paying)

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=h&...,0.003127&z=19

Last edited by PhantomChaos; 07-10-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Registered

Not one person on this thread made a crack about the 38" boat? Dayum. Why soooo seeeeerious?
Old 07-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Registered

Got it on the directions, thanks. Yeah I always put " instead of ' but usually catch it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.