Why does this need to happen???? >

Why does this need to happen????

Notices

Why does this need to happen????

Old 07-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLee
In the larger picture, if I were PPC, I wouldn't feel slighted at all if this is actually true.

Originally Posted by BLee
I don't think the percentage of people that will choose only one of the two events will be enough to cause any realistic loss of revenue, or notable competition to either clubs' goals.
I don't think this is about PPC being slighted, or simple competition for paying customers. The original poster made an assertion that one poker run promoter was calling boaters and asking them to not participate in another promoter's event. IF that is happening, I would find that appalling. Especially since this is not the first time it has happened.

Most of the poker run / fun run participants I know are hungry to participate in as many events as they can. IMHO, competition for paying customers should be on the amenities & experience the promoter provides. If a charity event threatens the profitability of a for-profit event, then up the ante with a better experience.

All that said, if it can be reasonably demonstrated that a PPC event poses a risk to the participants, or to the sport in general, then I can support the notion that a responsible promoter would suggest to his buds that they not participate.

Last edited by MegaByte*3; 07-15-2009 at 08:03 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-15-2009, 08:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 136 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by MegaByte*3
I don't think this is about PPC being slighted, or simple competition for paying customers. The original poster made an assertion that one poker run promoter was calling boaters and asking them to not participate in another promoter's event. IF that is happening, I would find that appalling. Especially since this is not the first time it has happened.

Most of the poker run / fun run participants I know are hungry to participate in as many events as they can. IMHO, competition for paying customers should be on the amenities & experience the promoter provides. If a charity event threatens the profitability of a for-profit event, then up the ante with a better experience.

All that said, if it can be reasonably demonstrated that a PPC event poses a risk to the participants, or to the sport in general, then I can support the notion that a responsible promoter would suggest to his buds that they not participate.
Thanks, Tom! Right on the money, as usual.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 07-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MegaByte*3

I agree, and I think the only reasonable risk with either event is a full Sunday on the couch when they're over!
Old 07-16-2009, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kickin32
Things behind the scenes will come out !!!
I am not going to stir the pot on this.
And I am sure That oceanracer is connected to Platinum.

Also I am sure that bill does not want all the hard work that he did to bring a major poker run to lake norman be sent down the road and have future ones blocked from coming. He did an excellant job and thru all the bs he put on a safe and excellant run That hopefully will get bigger as the years come.

Just Bring up the lake norman run post from last year and you will figure out who is oceanracer is or connected too.

And why are they useing all the photo from the pra run on lake norman last year on there website for there club promoting it and there run!!!!!!!!!
Actually my understanding is that a particular group did all the leg work paving the way for last years run & PRA said they wanted to put their name on it at the last minute and the folks that built it & promoted said ok. This year they chose to take it to the next level & do it themselves minus all the drama!

I don't blame anyone for that!
Old 07-16-2009, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Actually my understanding is that a particular group did all the leg work paving the way for last years run & PRA said they wanted to put their name on it at the last minute and the folks that built it & promoted said ok. This year they chose to take it to the next level & do it themselves minus all the drama!

I don't blame anyone for that!
WRONG!! But who cares. Its all BS anyways.

Drama????? Which side of this deal started this crap thread?

I thought that I never see the day where NASCAT takes the side of Scardey Cat!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 12:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by apppedigree
WOW!!! I dont see how calling boaters to reach out for an invite to a poker run is wrong. It seems like due dillengence to me.

With any run at LKN being so controversial to begin with, and the huge push to have it at the end of September last year (kids back in school and lake traffic down) - planning another PR at the same location two months earlier after Bill said that they planned to return could be considered a "back door" move by Platinum.

Regardless of what took place last year to upset everyone, the simple facts remain. Joy helped Bill with the "event planning" portion of the PRA event last year. It went great.

After this event Joy and Kenny started the PPC - conducing PR and events for Make A Wish - a very worthy cause.

Bill re-up for the same deal this year, and Joy and the PPC decided to have a similar event two months earlier. Free country, public lake, they can do what they want

Personally, I think that July is too busy to have ALOT of big boys out running. There is a huge difference in July and September as far as regular boat traffic.

With safety such a concern and personally knowing both parties, I am sure that precautions have been taken to have a great deal from both groups.

I would suspect that both groups would support the sport and eachothers run, as two charties will benefit.

For those who dont know - PRA does a great job with the LKN run, the floating lunch is definetly something different and the day at the track is a great change of pace.

With all that said, Joy thanks for your help last year. However, I am sure that in your absence PRA will be able to plan the PR this year. And good luck with your charitiy rides and PR this month. I hope that you raise $$$ for Make A Wish. The kids really enjoyed it last year.
Well said except it's actually not in July it's Aug 1st! LOL!
Old 07-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Can't all you Skater Bruthas just get along
Old 07-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Well said except it's actually not in July it's Aug 1st! LOL!
Always busting my chops!!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Registered

I said it was my understanding, I only know what I've been told.

I don't take sides just support what I believe in to be the correct or best way!

Ultimately I agree w/ BLee, the people that choose to be a part of the CPBA Run this weekend will probably be a different group of performance boaters than those that elect to participate in the PPC Run Aug 1st as will the group that attends the PRA Run in Sept. CPBA has a loyal following, their run is low key, fun & less expensive, PPC is catering to a differnt clientle w/ the ultimate goal of supporting Make A Wish & PRA has been around a long time & has it's own loyal following. The conflict of interest is probably minimal IMO!
Old 07-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by apppedigree
Always busting my chops!!!!
Negative Ghost Rider that isn't the case at all I'm simply stating the facts!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.