baja 38 vs. cigarette 35 cafe racer

Notices

baja 38 vs. cigarette 35 cafe racer

Old 07-21-2009, 05:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default baja 38 vs. cigarette 35 cafe racer

hi,

can you guys give me some info/oppinions regarding these two boats?

comfort in cabin/cockpit?
proformence?
overall best buy?
ect.

Thomas
Old 07-21-2009, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any day of the week the better buy is going to be the Cig. Better water handling, better build quality etc...

I am sure you will get alot of people chiming in on this one, no comparison to a cig though. From your stand point, you need to know what your looking for in a boat, and price range you want to buy in.

Do you have 2 specific boats you are looking at? (Like one of the 38 Baja, and one of the Cafe)

Last edited by SmurfOnABoat; 07-21-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

The BAja 38 will have much more cockpit and cabin space, The 35 Cafe is a great rough water boat. You really can't compare the two of them side by side. What do you want? The Baja has much more functional use to it then the cafe. But the Cafe is a Cigarette which has a status and a legend behind it.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:05 AM
Registered

Well you can get better than the Cig. The 38 Nortech is made from the Cig. mold, they added a few steps, added a swim platform and a dif. deck there are 2 for sale under 100k and they are much faster than the Cig or Baja with the same power. The build is top notch.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 758 Likes on 348 Posts

Baja cabin will be better.

My wife and I get by really well in our cafe cabin and spend about 18-20 nights a year on it, but I will certainly concede that they don't have a TON of headroom but the layout of the 90's + Cafe's is REALLY neat.

Everything else (price aside) - advantage CIG.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Registered

thanks so far,

my wife`s needs:
My wife would like to go on hollyday maybe 2 weeks a year, and she allso want to go on some small trips or just stay the night in the weekends.

our needs:
we both want the boat to be a place were we can go when we want som pease and just relaxe.

my needs:
i`m just the guy who wants the fastes and coolest boat i the harbour!! lol
not all true, but i want to be able to run fast and have good handling, but allso a little comfort! since i was a little guy i`ve dreamed of a cigarette.

how many feet from floor to seeling in the 2 boats?
how much more space (in cabin) in the baja vs. the cig?
Old 07-21-2009, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

if u are talking about a 38special, two different styles of boats. the 38 has about 6'2" headroom down below, full ac, can have ac & genny. it has a huge cockpit w/ option for sink & ice maker & a glass windshield for more wind buffer.

I have a friend w/ a 38 & its better when rafted up & entertaining. but underway i like riding in our cafe better. just depends on how u want to use it. the 38 would prolly been better for us (w/ kids) but i had my heart set on a cig.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:59 AM
Registered

my heart is allso for the cig but we allso got kids, but we are talking 2 weeks a year with 2 adults & 2kids on hollyday, and the rest of the year it`s only me and my wife cruising around!

what about the hight in the cig?
Old 07-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Registered

Sounds to me the boat you should look at is a 386 Sonic or a 42 Both have stand up heads and cabin, way more head room than a Cig. You have room for a gen. and can sleep 4 easy in a Sonic. They will both run in the 70's with 500hp's. The cabin in the 42 is nicer but the cockpit is bigger in the 386. A Baja is like having a Ford Exsplorer, eveybody has one. The Cig is way cool but an older boat that is going to need more work. The 38 Nortech has a huge cabin but no room for a gen. and if your going to spend more than a night on a boat you need a gen. or have to stay tied to the dock. There arnt many boats in the price range you put yourself into with the Cig and Baja but the Sonic thats better for overnighting and almost every girl loves the cabin and head on a Sonic.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 758 Likes on 348 Posts

My guess is the Cafe has about 4'6" -4'10" in headroom. If you are thinking of spending a week at a time on the boat with your wife AND kids than that is NOT the right boat for you.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.