Notices

Best 31-33?

Old 07-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dockrocker
For that money, my search would start and stop at Sean's Cafe, if he still has it. Heritage, ride, and fresh fuel-injected power. It might be a touch slower than some of the others, but with a Cigarette you won't have to slow down much.

Thread

That's a boat anyone would be proud to own. Old school cool baby!
Old 07-16-2009, 05:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have what is equal to a 33' AVS minus the steps. Great boat, handles the rough great. Pretty roomy. My only complaint is I wish the placed the rear seat a couple inches forward more and given a couple more inches to the engine compartment.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dockrocker
For that money, my search would start and stop at Sean's Cafe, if he still has it. Heritage, ride, and fresh fuel-injected power. It might be a touch slower than some of the others, but with a Cigarette you won't have to slow down much.

Thread

nice boat, any contact info or price?
Old 07-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Registered

Take a look at the thread I linked, the boat belongs to OSO member "Sean" - I believe he was asking 60 or 65 at one point. New 496/bravo power, it was originally a TRS boat. Sean has a reputation of being somewhat, um, fastidious about his boats. He previously had a 28 Cig that was completely redone with 350 Mags - it was stunning and I lusted after it for years but the timing was never right.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

One of the reasons I got my 32 Active Thunder was for the high freeboard in te cockpit. It feels like a much bigger boat and is great for the kids. Probably one of the best rough water boats in its size range.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Registered

Default view from a Donzi 33 ZX Daytona owner.............

I guess I'll throw in my 2 cents....

I own a 2003 Donzi 33 ZX Daytona and love the boat. It is a big heavy wave-crusher with a very wide beam for this type of boat. Workmanship and build quality have been top notch. This is my second ZX series from Donzi (my first a, 26, is listed for sale here on OSO).

The 33 has plenty of room with great accommodations from a built in fridge to a vacuflush head. I've added a 12V Marine Air DC Cuddy system for my young daughter. Exterior and interior fit and finish are very good.

Stepped hull is very stable and tracks well. I boat on lakes, so I can't speak to the ocean ride, but it handles large cruiser waves very well. It performs very well, running just below 90 on GPS with stock 575's. Probably 2-3 mph below a comparably powered Fountain 35 or a Donzi 35 ZR, simply because the 33ZX is more boat with a much wider beam.

I'm sure the other boats you listed have some happy owners as well, but I didn't see any Donzi owners speak up, so here you go
Old 07-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
OMG the red one in Powerboat was absolutely STUNNING! Using the Viper deck design was a stroke of genius. Ran like a raped ape too.
Im sorry but which red one are you talking about?
Old 07-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where do you live and Where do you go boating?

Then Id ask what do you personally seem to gravitate toward..
Do you like East coast stuff or West Coast stuff?

typically East coast stuff -

Has a bolted on swimstep
Has paint Vs Gelcoat
has slightly more factory look /ie see yourself more often

Typically West Coast stuff

Has a molded in swimstep
Has graphics in the gelcoat
are usually a bit more custom some awesome some terrible.

pluses and minuses to everything.
These arent hard and fast but typical.

LOTS of great stuff out there either way.

UD
Old 07-16-2009, 09:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hotjava66
nothing against baja's but they are everywhere here, dont want the same boat as everyone else. the graphics on the newer ones are pretty cool though. plus, it seems like they need a lot of power to make any speed, unless they have changed thier hull design in the last few years, but im not looking to buy a new boat, just a solid used, 97-04? depending on price
for rough water a sutphen 31/32/33/34/35 depends on year hull was built, would work great in rough water 26degree hull. and the AT 32/33 would also be nice boat to have. theres a single 32 sutphen 800hp speeds of 80 plus for sale for 62,000.00 in mass. its a low hour 05. also sutphen boats has a red hull that needs to be finished with twins. richie said with smblock mercs 80, mph I talked to him last week.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Registered

I just finished the thread the 05 sutphen falls in your price. there might be a AT 32 also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.