Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Smith mountain Lake Poker RUN (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/21306-smith-mountain-lake-poker-run.html)

BAJA 03-31-2002 10:43 PM

Smith mountain Lake Poker RUN

Hello OSO I'm new to the board first time for sending a messageso be NICE. We have 4 boats coming from Tappanannock VA. To run the poker run on Smith Mountain Lake. Most people say Tappa-what were about 40 mlies east of Richmond on the Rappahannock River. I've been a member and reading the board since Sept. 2001. Look forward to meeting everyone from OSO.This is the first time on the lake for my wife and I.It sounds like Wills house is were everyone will be on Friday.We should get in around noon just wanted to know if its ok to stop by and meet some people before the run.If so need to know the location of the house.One of the couples that is coming with us has family that ownes a house on the lake we'll be staying there.Looking forward to a weekend of SUN AND FUN See Ya on the water ,Dean

Sydwayz 03-31-2002 11:17 PM

Welcome,
Will's house is one of the last coves on your left, as you head toward the cliffs, from the main part of the lake. There is a two story boathouse, with 2 seadoos, a ski boat, a fountain, and a pontoon, at the boathouse. Look for a little tiki-hut bar on the white sand beach. It is a small cove, just off the main drag. Can't miss it. Look for all of the exhaust tips lined up facing out.

BAJA 03-31-2002 11:51 PM

Thanks for the info Brian. Looking forward to meeting everybody can't wait to get back on the water just droped the motor back in the boat Saturday.Hope to get it finished in the next couple weeks so I can test some props before the poker run.Have you run this poker run before. Just wondering how far the run is between card stops. Thanks Again Dean

CheckmateF1 04-01-2002 08:17 AM

Dean, there is another thread here on General Discussion about the SML poker run. Check it out!

Also, I have a decent map of the lake with card stops marked. E-mail me your address if you want one. Will's house is marked also.

Happy Spring!!!

Eric

BAJA WILL 04-01-2002 09:18 AM

Dean,

Hey its cool to stop by on friday, I don't think you will be able to miss it though. From my count their are going to be allot of nice boats coming by on friday, especially Mikes 43 BT. Brian is right, I live on the Black Water river part of lake, about 1/4 mile on Left before Cliffs. Plan as of now is people can show up as early as they want, but noon is a good starting point. Hang out there until around 5-6pm have a beer and some snacks. Just giving my friends on OSO a place to meet each other.:p

Something for everone to think about, BRING YOUR BUMPERS, It may get a little crowded:D

WILL

BAJA 04-01-2002 08:59 PM

Thanks Will sounds like its going to be a fun weekend. Iguess it would be hard to miss that 43ft. Black Thunder. Eric thanks for the offer on the map. I just E-Mailed you my address let me know if you got it. We'll have 3 other boats with us. Donzi 29 is bringing his boat. Doug is bringing his 23ft. Velocity I don't knowhis logon name and another couple has a 23ft. Scarab.Donzi 29 has been to the lake before but its been a long time we'll all look at the map and figure out where everything is if not we'll just follow the sound roaring exhaust. Dean

Cignificant 04-01-2002 09:46 PM

Dean, I look forward to seeing you at SML. I spent many memorial day weekends in Tappahannock at a little motel/marina called the Southside Motel. We finally outgrew the place..

Steve
Richmond Power Boat Assoc
www.geocities.com/Richmondpba

CheckmateF1 04-02-2002 09:30 AM

Dean, I got your e-mail. I'll send a map out tomorrow.

We're looking forward to meeting you and anyone else we hav'nt met yet!!

It's gonna be a great weekend!!!

Eric

BAJA 04-02-2002 08:01 PM

Eric thanks again for the map I saw a picture of the lake I think you could stay lost for days if you made a wrong turn. Steve not much goes on around Southside Motel anymore most of us meet at June Parker Marina and head up river.Donzi29 (David) and I watched some of the Richmond Radar Shoot Sunday saw your boat on the tape. I think you refered to it as your old boat looked very impressive especially under the engine hatch. See Yall on the lake Dean

Black Thunder Boat 04-03-2002 03:01 PM

Dean
Welcome and I look forward to meeting you at the Poker Run. You can check out the Black Thunder!

Eric
Thanks for the map! I owe you a beer!
Mike