Depo coming up! 3 birds, one stone!

Notices

Depo coming up! 3 birds, one stone!

Old 07-16-2009, 12:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DMOORE
Agreed. Must be nice to be perfect.

BTW it was the dumb a** cop, who's duty to make sure the weapon was cleared, who pulled the trigger.

Darrell.
It is the responsibility of EVERY person who handles the weapon to make sure it is clear. You NEVER hand a loaded weapon to another person. You hand them a weapon with an open breech and a separate clip/ammo. If someone hands me a weapon with a closed breech, I open it and check it first thing. Even if I just saw them check it I still look. As I said, no room for error or mistakes with firearms.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:18 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
It is the responsibility of EVERY person who handles the weapon to make sure it is clear. You NEVER hand a loaded weapon to another person. You hand them a weapon with an open breech and a separate clip/ammo. If someone hands me a weapon with a closed breech, I open it and check it first thing. Even if I just saw them check it I still look. As I said, no room for error or mistakes with firearms.
I agree however this was a gun show where old old guns are brought to and in this case someone who had an old gun knew nothing about it including opening the breech to check to see if it was loaded or not. As a result the gun owner brought it to the show to have the experts who were waiting at the door do the safety check and to secure. Now, being cocky and wearing a badge checking in guns turned what should have been a safe event into a gun shot. The man handling the gun and no doubt pointing the muzzle in the wrong direction when the gun went off is to blame.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderusone
Unbelievable. If you do not know how to clear a weapon, you have no business picking it up....much less transporting it and carrying it to a gun show. The cop screwed up for sure but you are going to have liability in this as well. I am "blown away" that you would post all of this in a public forum with upcoming litigation. Thank god nothing worse happened. People that do not know how to handle weapons under thier control endanger everyone around them. I am not knocking you for not knowing how to operate a certain type of weapon, but you execised poor judgement by handling, transporting, and carrying a loaded weapon into a public place with signs plastered all over the walls "NO LOADED FIREARMS".
but he had a lanyard on....
Old 07-16-2009, 07:13 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Gino thank god no one was hurt seriously! Please do not handle guns that you do not now how to check yourself. I am sure you know that now. Good luck with the deposition.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:19 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
...I can't believe it takes 4 years for a law suite to make it to court...
How do you think lawyers can afford MTI's and Pershings?

Remember Judges were lawyers too, they are the ultimate leaches. Without a healthy body to vacuum life out of they would die.

Originally Posted by Other People's Money
"-Well, for someone who has nothing nice to say about lawyers, you certainly have plenty of them around."-Kate Sullivan

"-They're like nuclear warheads. They have theirs, so I have mine. Once you use them, they f@ck up everything." -Lawrence Garfield

Originally Posted by Henry VI, part 2 (act 4, scene 2)
"-I thank you, good people:- there shall be no money; all shall eat and drink on my score; and I will apparel them all in one livery, that they may agree like brothers, and worship me their lord."-Jack Cade

"-The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."-Dick the Butcher
Old 07-16-2009, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by h20 toie
Well i guess not everyone can be perfect like you and never make a mistake.
This is the most stupid response ever on OSO!!! I don't think you would be saying that if you or a loved one was hit or killed by that stray round!!! Imagine if you got hit in the spine and were paralized from the neck down. What would your reponse be??? "It's OK, nobody is perfect"

This is exactly why gun control was invented.

Carrying around a bag of guns like a sack of potatoes IS criminal!!

Good luck with the lawsuit!
Old 07-16-2009, 09:04 AM
NoQuarter

WOW! What a story. I received my gun trainig in the Army, so the thought of a bag full of unchecked guns is pretty scary. But I can't believe the actions of the Old Cop. Good luck, I am pulling for you.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's not forget the "elderly" owner of the guns that gave them to him.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

First of all I was told they were "almost positive" weren't loaded because the old guy had them since he was young and never, ever shot them. I was leary of them but took them like they were collectors items. That's why I didn't handle the guns myself. I was told to go to the gun show so "professionals" could inspect them for me safetly.

They were kept in a locked duffle bag- like an old money bag. Each gun was in it's own case. I specifically told the officer I didn't know for sure if they were loaded or not. He even said "that's what we are here for". I handed the guns inside the cases to the officer.

The gun in question was about 100 years old. It looked like something hanging on the wall in Cracker barrel.

The cop grabbed the last case from my hand.

Don't convict me. I wasn't convicted for a reason. Obviously if i wasn't arrested or even named in the suit other than a witness for the victims I shouldn't be persecuted here.

After this incident my wife and myself took gun safety classes ands we now we both have concealed weapon permits.

Last edited by LubeJobs42; 07-16-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by h20 toie
Well i guess not everyone can be perfect like you and never make a mistake.
Thank you for the support. I appreciate it.

Don't waste your breath. Some people are so perfect and never do anything wrong. They are the ones that look down on the rest of us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.